•The course provides a basic understanding of
automatic identification and data capture
technologies and concepts with regard to how
their deployment affects business and industry.
•Laboratory applications of bar codes, radio
frequency identification, card technologies, and
biometrics will be emphasized.
• Course Lectures
• Pre-recorded video lectures available for each lesson.
• Lecture Slides
• Used in conjunction with lecture videos.
• Lecture Transcripts
• Used to follow along with lecture videos.
• Modular Quizzes
• Used to quiz student knowledge of course material after each lecture.
• Submission of written material and analysis of biometric data.
• Interactive Elements
• Used for further practice of lecture subjects.
• Activities and Resources
• Used to support understanding of lesson topics.
• Passport Badges
• Learning and e-portfolio system that demonstrate competencies and
• Competency Based Learning
• Learning based on completion, not points.
NEW PURDUE POLYTECHNIC FEATURES
•There will be 3 Capstone Projects
1.Research Research– 40%
2.Course Review – 40%
I. Final presentation – 10%
II. Submission for publication – 10%
COMPETENCY BASED LEARNING
•Cover other biometric modalities and AIDC
•Introduce more concepts such as HBSI,
Biometric Fusion, and Zoo Menagerie
•Student choice of competency test:
•Short answer in lab exam
•Take home essay
• Student design their curriculum
• Relatable to individual major/concentration
• Brainstorm own ideas
• Report and present findings individual techniques and tools
• Cover a specific modality of choosing
• Cover more advance concepts in academic research
• Outside mentoring and sponsorship available
BUILD YOUR OWN COURSE
•Present to the class on your project findings at the
end of the semester.
•Write a research publication for submission to an
academic or research journal.
“Science is art. It is the process of creating something that
never exists before...It makes us ask new questions about
ourselves, others; about ethics, the future.”
- Regina Dugan, Executive of Google ATAP