Before Setting Up An Account
• Ask yourself
– Why you are doing this?
– What do you want to achieve?
– Is your target market using this network?
– What is your brand identity?
• Do you want to maintain or change?
• Develop a 160 word elevator pitch
– Help you nail down you brand position
– Used in your profiles
• LinkedIn is a social network geared towards
• Make new business connections
• Keep in touch with:
– Previous co‐workers
• See who your connections know
• Started off as online resume but has moved
LinkedIn Intro Cont’d
• Three different aspects we will focus on
• Deep penetration in Toronto business scene
– Other realtors
• The average LinkedIn user is 39 and makes
$139,000 a year
• LinkedIn is centred around your profile
• Fill out all your info
– The more the better
– Include past jobs, education...
– Customize your url – edit public profile
• Upload your contact
– See who is connected to your connections
– Be careful... Very strict on spamming
How to Leverage
• Update your status regularly
• Add applications to your profile
• Join groups or create group
– Engage with others
– Post content from your site
• Answer questions in Q and A