Audience research

196 views

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
196
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
41
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Audience research

  1. 1. Audience research
  2. 2. Audience research The first question I included in my questionnaire was male or female, the majority of my audience research was focused on females. For my second question I asked my audience research how old they were, the age range of the majority of the people was 16-18,19-21. There were also a few people outside of this age range. I purposely tried to hand my questionnaire out to females of this age range because that is the target audience I wanted for my magazine, mainly because I fit into that category so having my understanding and knowledge will help me when creating my magazine. How old are you? 30 No. Of people 20 10 0 14-15 16-18 19-21 22+ Age ranges
  3. 3. Audience research The third question I asked is do people like music, there are some people who aren’t fans of music and therefore I thought it would come in helpful to find out what percentage of the people I surveyed like music. The following question linked well with the previous question asking what is people’s favourite genre. This is one of the most significant questions in my survey, because one of the main things that convince someone to buy a magazine is weather or not it features the genre they like, listen to. I had a range of results including pop, rock and indie. The most popular genre according to my survey is pop, so I decided to base my magazine around the pop genre.
  4. 4. Audience research I asked my survey how often do you buy a music magazine, the options were; never, twice a week, weekly, monthly. The majority of the people surveyed sais monthly, I assume this is because in a weekly magazine there isnt as many features as they expect however if its monthly theres plenty to include. This question is important because the designer needs to know how often to publish their magazine, there’s no purpose in publishing a magazine if no ones going to buy it. How often do you buy a music magazine? No. Of people 30 20 10 0 never twice a weekyly monthly week How often
  5. 5. Audience research Another question I asked was ‘what colours attract you to magazines?’. This is a good question as people are attracted to magazines by the colours they use as they give off a vibe depending on what the colour is. For example; pink and blue might give of a young trendy vibe and attract the younger audience. The colour scheme is one of the first things you see on a magazine so it is important to get it right when focusing on a certain target audience. Therefore this question is relevant to see what colours people would like to see on the music magazine and entice people to buy it.
  6. 6. Audience research I asked how much people would be willing to pay for the music magazine to give a rough idea on what would be a sensible affordable. I gave four options which were £1- 1.99, £2- 2.99, £3-3.99 and £4+ the majority of people said they would be willing to pay between £2-2.99. This is an important question to ask as you need to find out what people would be willing to pay and it would have to be a price everybody is comfortable with and would keep people interested. How much would you pay for a magazine? 25 20 No. Of people 15 10 5 0 £1.00-£1.99 £2.00-£2.99 £3.00-£3.99 £4+ amount
  7. 7. Audience research Another question I included into my music magazine questionnaire was ‘what would you like to see in a music magazine?’. I listed the options; the interviews, the competitions, the quizzes, the reviews, etc. The majority of people I asked said the interviews as they like a inside view of musicians, personalities, popular figures are really like. This question helped us learn what would make people want to by the music magazine so therefore is an important question to include in the survey.
  8. 8. Audience researchI asked would you be encouraged to buy a magazine if it included free gifts, this question was split equally. 46% of people said gifts wouldnt encourage them to buy a magazine, I think them people would buy it solely for the contents and the other 54% said a gift would encourage them to buy a magazine, I assume they think it would be nice to receive a gift with their purchase. The concluding question I asked my survey is would you prefer articles about local Would you prefer articles on local bands or more bands or well known bands, as presumed well known bands? the mass said theyd prefer to see and 60 No. Of people read articles about more well renowned 40 artists. This question is important because a publisher needs to know what 20 and who to include in the magazine and 0 what the readers would prefer. local bands well known bands

×