Embrace Who You Are
Because, You Are
What Am I Talking About?
During the times of the Roman Empire being
heavy set was viewed as you came form money. If
you were able to be heavy meant you were
fortunate enough to eat good. Comparing those
days to today, society has taken a dramatic
change. We now have models on the runway,
magazines and television who are underweight,
some even are anorexic. This gives the normal
human being an intimidating feeling because they
don’t embody all the same characteristics as the
women on the TV.
Beauty Comes in ALL Shapes & Sizes Pinterest
• This is a board on Pinterest which is dedicated to
posting inspirational quotes and photos of women of
all shapes and sizes and promoting confidence within
Media Effects on Body Image, SelfEsteem & Beauty Ideals – YouTube
• This is a compilation of 38 videos.
• Each video is either a documentary or a personal video
showing the effects of society’s body imaging and
expectations on children and women.
• The different ways the media alters women’s body’s to
• The health risks (psychological and physical) of trying
to have society’s “ideal body” (anorexia)
Dove Campaign for REAL Beauty &
• Their Vision: “Dove has a vision of a world
where beauty is a source of confidence, and
not anxiety. Join the conversation to support
• The Dove websites offers a place where
women and young girls can go to get support
and advice on how to live a healthy and happy
life in the skin their in.
Health… The Good, The Bad, But NO
•Above is a chart of what ideally your height to weight measurements should be. It
shows you what is too low and too high for your height.
•There's nothing wrong with being in shape and having a slim body. Nor is there
anything wrong with embracing your curvy body. As long as you are at a weight that
doesn’t negatively effect your health and makes you genuinely happy.
•No matter your size, eating healthy and exercise is essential to a long healthy life.
The Comedian: Monique
• “I tweet every morning. Because I
want women to see – especially us
big women – that you don’t have
to let them cut you and suck it out.
You don’t have to let them staple
you up. You don’t have to let them
give you a pill. You don’t have to
let them put a band around your
• Monique went on to say in the
interview she would always be a
big girl, but she wanted to be a
healthy big girl so she can live for
Why is this a Digital Justice Issue?
• Technology was created to make the lives of human beings easier and
to have access to anything they needed whenever they needed it.
• We are living in a time where the paper and pen is becoming archaic.
You can find people ranging in ages from 3-90 on the computer or
mobile devices. No matter if its just texting, calling, emailing or surfing
the web. This is what it is now.
• Furthermore, when you have something to say and you want to get it
out to numerous amounts of people all at once there’s no better place
then the world wide web.
• This issue that is becoming a growing problem around the world needs
as much exposure as it possibly could get. We need men and women
to realize their inner and outer beauty and promote positivity and
support into the world. We aren’t all meant to look alike so everyone
should feel good in the skin they are in.