1. Practise your writing• Blogging is a greatmedium forpractising yourwriting skills –whether it be forshort stories,persuasive texts,reports or fantasywriting.
2. Share your writing• Blogging enables youto share your writingwith friends,relatives and peoplearound the globe!
3. Track improvement over time• Blogging allows youto keep track of yourwriting over time,showing yourimprovements inspelling, grammarand punctuation.
4. A portfolio of your work• Use your blog to collectwriting and images aboutyour goals andachievements. It thenbecomes a wonderfulportfolio to share forparent/teacher meetings,job applications andinterviews.
5. Collecting your work• As an online scrapbookfor saving links toresources, images,quotes and ideas.• As a diary or journalfor collecting andorganising your ideas,plans and reflections.
6. Express your thoughts and opinions• Many blogs help peopleto explore their ideasand feelings aboutsubjects of interest tothe author.• If you have something tosay, a blog is a greatplace to have your sayand be heard!
7. Become a better thinker• Blogging helps you to be morereflective• It also helps you to be more mindfulof what is happening around you,because you are often consideringhow you might write about it• Blogging also assists you to be amore critical thinker – how can youimprove your work?
8. Communication• Connect with otherstudents in differentschools, states andcountries!• Find people in other partsof the world who shareyour interests• Find teachers and classesto initiate global projects• Make a difference byspreading a message.
9. Collaboration• Work with otherstudents to build ablog about acommon interest –your favourite sport,music, animals, foodor a hobby.
10. Learning Collectively• Extend your ideas byparticipating inblogging challenges,commenting onother blogs andgiving responses topeople who have leftcomments on yourown blog.