Be the first to like this
While Brisbane is known for its cultural diversity, sporting arenas, and nightlife precinct, there is much more to this fascinating city than meets the eye. If you’re looking to have a less than typical holiday experience in Brisbane, then you need to know a few less than typical things about Brisbane.
In this short presentation, we look at 7 things you probably didn’t know about Brisbane in the hope to widen your outlook on this great city of ours. Included in these less known facts about Brisbane are;
1. The city enjoys 283 days of sunshine in a year
2. Fortitude Valley’s Chinatown was featured in a Jackie Chan movie
3. Queen Street Mall was a barrack for convicts
4. The Ekka is Brisbane’s largest event
5. The Story Bridge is a twin bridge of the Jacques Cartier Bridge in Canada
6. The Spring Hill Reservoir is an underground opera
7. Brisbane City Hall is Australia’s largest city hall
I bet you didn’t know all these interesting things about Brisbane! Each has helped make Brisbane the popular and bustling tourist hub that it is today. And if you’re heading to Brisbane for a holiday then do yourself a favour by booking your accommodation with us at Bridgewater Terraces. With affordable holiday apartments starting at just $145 per night, why would you even look anywhere else?
56 Wharf Street, Kangaroo Point, Queensland
P: 07 3435 5216
F: 07 3435 5265