100mph, The 3 Stages of Digital Marketing: Listen, Convert & Retain
Listen, Convert & Retain
Empower your digital media presence to
help you find your next customers – and
keep the customers you have.
• The evolution of technology & business communications – pg. 3
• The 3 stages of the modern marketing cycle – pg. 5
– Stage 1: Listen & Plan – pg. 7
– Stage 2: Promote & Convert – pg. 9
– Stage 3: Cultivate & Retain – pg. 14
• Why 100mph - pg. 18
!"#"$%& !"#"$%&'()!"% !"#"$%&'*+,"-),, ,./"%& ,./"%&'()!"%
interactive Online Transactional Human Global Local Mobile
Connected, Adaptive, intelligent
Evolving Technology Creates Opportunity
• When a new technology is embraced by consumers, history has
shown that businesses follow. Social Business will be no exception.
• Buyer channels have proliferated, and so must every business’s
marketing & communications:
Business Networking & Communication Channels
The 3 Stages of The Modern Marketing Cycle:
2: Promote & Convert
– We’ll build your channel platform and media plan to attract
new customers. Levers used: SEM, Facebook, YouTube, etc. ads.
3: Cultivate & Retain
– Based on results, we’’ll optimize messaging and its distribution.
Tools used: Nimble/HubSpot
• The 100mph end-to-end process
takes into full account the
complexities of marketing today:
1: Listen & Plan
– We monitor & analyze chatter to
understand your customer. Develop
a strategy with the insight. Tools
used: Sysomos, Radian6, etc.
Stage 1: Listen & Plan
• We listen to your audience in order to develop a clear understanding of
their needs – as well as the channels they tend to use along their journey:
• Listening data and keyword research will help us uncover the key
questions needing to be answered by the brand through its
marketing messaging & channel planning.
• The resulting insight will enable us to lay the groundwork for how
best to prioritize content & marketing strategies with precision.
Stage 2: Promote & Convert
• Expand the audience “net” with
targeted ads in key media channels.
• Acquire an audience of people who
value and need the solution you offer.
• Engage that audience with content
that helps them get closer to your
• At specific points in your customer’s
lifecycle, initiate a dialogue.
• At the point of need, ask to take next
• With specific insight into who our audience is, what they value, &
where they engage… we can then build the acquisition strategy.
Paid Search Ads
– These ads are
relevant to the
on a Cost Per
Organic Results – Populated by the search engine’s algorithm,
rank cannot be purchased but it can be optimized.
Reach: Capture prospects where they look
• Search engine marketing & optimization are powerful lead generation
tactics, as people go to search engines looking to take next steps.
• Facebook, YouTube, & Twitter are among the key channels where
people spend their time online. Having an aggressive earned,
owned, & paid media strategy here today is essential.
Reach: Social ads engage prospects
Engage: Optimize content to improve visibility
• After acquiring your audience, sharing content relevant to their concerns
& interests is key to gaining visibility in their social feeds.
Convert: Search ads drive users to take action
• With our approach, we can track
which ad led to a new customer –
enabling us to achieve a dramatic
boost in ad efficiency.
• Employing the right content & call-to-action at the right time will enable
us to maximize the quantity of new leads, while optimizing media
Stage 3: Cultivate & Retain
• Social CRM requires major
changes in the way
internally and externally, and
the 100mph team is well-
versed in the marketing and
Cultivate: balanced, cross-channel communication
• All top digital channels are important for different reasons, as is ensuring
the right content gets distributed to the right channel at the right time:
Cultivate: CRM, automation, & collaboration tools
• Given the nature of media today, leveraging key tools to manage
communications & ensure messaging is resonating with your
audience is essential.
Retain: Capture, analyze & act on performance data
• Tools help us understand the numerous actions taking place across
channels – and how they impact the bottom line:
We’ll help you adapt to the new rules of business
We’ll show you which of these to use and how, or
we’ll simply take care of it for you.
1. Though hundreds of tech companies offer essential tools, they do not
offer an overarching solution OR assume the responsibility of
delivering a profitable outcome for the client. We do.
2. Given the complexity of social and digital media, businesses need
ongoing guidance and support. We provide the training and support
you will need.
3. Our multifaceted strategy, planning & production teams are adaptive
to every marketer’s need – from small to large.
4. Our collective mastery of the digital media ecosystem – and
willingness to dive in deep and “own” the responsibility of your
program’s success – is unique among marketing services firms.
So let’s talk about your goals.