ANDREW M. BREEN, MBA
10961 PRINCETON VILLAGE DRIVE CELL: 704.737.6476 / HOME: 704.542.6326
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA 28277-3021 EMAIL: MARKMI99@YAHOO.COM
SUMMARY OF CREDENTIALS
A multi-dimensional, focused senior resource with a long track record of tangible success. Comfortable working at the forest or tree
level so that business requirements are optimally supported by chosen technical enablers. Project experience includes diverse business,
technical, industry and cultural elements, including experience with international, offshore and virtual teams.
• Project Management - 15 years of Practice/Program/Project Management experience covering all phases of the SDLC.
Extensive experience at all levels of project visibility - (e.g., IBM Board of Directors Compensation, Wachovia and NationsBank
M&A, world-wide application rollouts, etc,). A business process thought leader possessing exceptionally strong leadership,
communication, problem-solving, motivational and interpersonal skills. Obtains agreement of definition of success at the outset,
in terms of deliverables, cost, quality, time and change management with owners/stakeholders. Adheres to client’s vision and can
add additional substantial value to project deliverables, as appropriate (e.g., Best Practices). Experienced in developing
accelerators to keep project on track, or to come in and resurrect a project. Customization / work around expert. Knowledgeable
in PMBOK, AIM, Six Sigma and other waterfall methodologies. Strong, proven competencies vis-à-vis project initiation,
planning, execution, budget, risk, scope, human resources and change management. Highly results-oriented, but easy to work
with. Uses positive expectations to motivate team members. Industry experience includes Technology, Telecom. Finance, Mfg.,
Retail, Automotive, Environmental, Utilities and Health Care.
• Operational – Over 14 years’ experience in corporate legal, financial & managerial accounting, corporate treasury, cash
management, banking and retirement product areas.
• Technical – Former applications programmer (PL/1, SAS), Oracle Applications expert
• Other – Published technical writer (article on Project Management available upon request)
Independent Consultant, Charlotte, NC 4/2009 – Present
• Took training on Oracle R.12. Also have access to contractor R.12 sandbox.
• Train clients on resume preparation, business writing and interview techniques
Ingersoll Rand Corp., Davidson, NC / Project Mgr 3/2008 -2/2009
• Senior Change Leader for Campbellsville, KY site. Part of Oracle global footprint ($300MM over 4 yrs, including over 50 sites)
implementation – IR’s first US cutover. Managed communications; Drove first implementation/integration audit readiness review and
follow up process; Trained plant personnel in Oracle; Built / managed first Change Management work plan (integrated with overall
divisional / sector / plant plans). Laid groundwork for and trained successors.
• Oracle 11i support and analysis - Supported Finance & HR teams (IT sector) relating to upgrades / fixes of production processes and
reports in Oracle (GL, PA, AR, INV) / Siebel environment. Projects were loaded, maintained and tracked on Sharepoint. Provided analysis,
testing, issue closure and complete documentation. Introduced Project Management procedures / controls to improve management of
multiple departmental projects. Provided a plan to better organize and work with vast amount of accumulated documentation. Customers /
management were very pleased with quality and turn-around of deliverables.
Contract Consultant, Senior Project Manager / Business Process (Best Practices), Charlotte, NC 4/2007 – 2/2008
• 10/07 – 2/08: Synapse Technologies, LLC / client – Wachovia – Senior Project Manager for Golden West M&A project. Responsibility
included identifying and transitioning in-scope loan products, simplifying 12,000 line work plan, identifying dependencies, issues and
risks and integrating with overall plan. Also, meeting facilitation, status reporting, project forecasting and budgeting. All deliverable
milestones made on time and on budget. Customer was highly satisfied. Trained / handed off project to FTE PM who became available.
• 4/07 – 6/07: Patriot Consulting, Inc. / client – Office Depot – Cash Management Lead. Responsible for assistance with requirements
development /integration and construction of test scripts to match standard and custom business scenarios needed for Oracle
implementation. Added significant value to basic functional requirements selection around best practices. Business analysis and technical
writing skills were critical for success. Customer was highly satisfied. Project funding issues forced early team roll-off.
Keane, Inc., Charlotte, NC / Project Manager / Principal Consultant 11/2005 – 4/2007
• Opted for a local consulting assignment with a large local financial client in lieu of an offer to travel for 50 percent more pay.
Sunday, December 20, 2009 Andrew M Breen 1 of 5
• Performed Business Analysis and Project Management roles in first assignment for TIAA-CREF. Risk analysis identified an
inconsistency in the integrated legacy data model, which had been built to test a new web application that saved the client thousands of
person–hours and dollars by delaying testing until model was fixed. Delay opened Finance support opportunity.
• In second TIAA-CREF assignment, supporting the Accounting and Finance teams, submitted a proposal to save substantial IT costs by
decommissioning outmoded systems and consolidating under an Oracle / PeopleSoft platform. Proposal was sent to Finance and IT senior
management for evaluation. Since beginning second position at client, have added value in multiple software releases and provided
IBM Corporation (rehire), Charlotte, NC / Senior Consultant 5/2004 – 3/2005
Responsibilities: Project Management, applications consulting, RFQ assistance, special projects, integrations
• Major projects: setup of Financial Consolidation Hub / Global Accounting Engine and finance lead for GL and AP – both roles were
• Sarbanes-Oxley trained and deployed after selection to IBM / KPMG compliance team. Primarily a risk-mitigation role.
Project Manager / Independent Consultant, Charlotte, NC 9/2003 – 4/2004
• Local projects involving technical writing, training, risk mitigation / cost management and process improvement, QA, Troubleshooting,
• Retooled skills – Six Sigma, began PMP study in preparation for rejoining consulting opportunities.
Wachovia Corporation, Charlotte, NC, Officer Profitability Mgmt Division 12/2002 - 8 /2003
Responsibilities: Analytical role. Write and test / validate financial rules to more accurately report results across the bank. Tools include
Oracle OFSA Suite, ESSBASE and PL/SQL
Stripling and Beck, Charlotte, NC Dir., ERP Consulting / Project Manager 11/2001 - 11/2002
Responsibilities: Anchor projects as lead implementation resource; Plan, build and manage the firm's ERP Consulting Practice including
Quality Assurance. Report directly to CEO. Note: Also ran my personal consulting practice (main client: IT Convergence).
• Designed, built and delivered a Best Practices-based global Oracle Applications Multiorg Implementation plan in two weeks (Dec. 2001)
for an Engineering client, after client had been unable to get it from their Big 5 firm over an extended period. Senior client Project
Manager was able to use the plan to do the work internally, resulting in considerable budget savings.
• Production System Troubleshooting. Subcontracted with Ingersoll Rand and solved top Oracle Purchasing production issue client had
been unable to debug internally. R. 11.5.4.
• Lead resource for responding to ERP/Oracle RFP's / RFQ's / Train internal resources on Oracle products / methodologies / testing /
Harris/Exigent Solutions Group, Charlotte, NC VP/ Practice Manager 1/2001-11/2001
Responsibilities: Managed Business Development, Consulting, Deliverable Quality, Vendor Contracts, Personnel, Budgeting, Training and
Administration. I reported directly to the President of Exigent Solutions Group. (Harris purchased Exigent International, effective May 2001)
• Lead functional resource for all sales and consulting teams – specialized in GL, AR, AP, FA, Cash Management and Treasury – solved ad
hoc customer functionality question / product issues / devised workarounds / integrations / customizations
• Provide Oracle Financials expertise to clients on ad hoc basis - e.g., to get them through their first accounting close. Assisted in setup/
testing and ad hoc problem solving. (GL – including WW Consolidations - A/PA/HRMS/CRM), resolve TAR's, help with workarounds,
etc. Maintained `hands-on' Oracle experience w/ R., 11i via engagements and sandbox.
• Transformed the practice's market niche from staff augmentation into a competitor for project / multi-project work. Led account pursuit
teams as primary contact for client management. Relied upon to be the `last word' to the client in my role as the major knowledge
resource on our business development calls. Owned the Methodology leadership role - disseminated information on test processes and full
SDLC project life cycle to the teams. Developed / upgraded project deliverables utilizing technical writing and business analysis skills.
Developed standards for project pursuits. Along with division president, was lead in RFP process.
• Responsible for deliverable quality standards, risk mitigation, vendor management and assisted with Practice’s budgeting.
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Charlotte, NC Consulting Manager 4/1998 - 12/2000
Responsibilities: Project Management and / or Financial lead roles, including sales pursuits, at Fortune 500 and dot COM companies.
Industries included in this group are high technology, medical, financial, automotive, environmental and utilities. I served as a Financials Best-
Practices resource responsible for setting deliverable quality standards, planning, testing and executing. I also played significant role in leading
risk mitigation measuring impact on budgeted cost through client negotiations.
• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, 9/00 -12/00: Project scope - built an ODW (Operational Data Warehouse) to take updated / reconciled feeds
from legacy subsystems and upload / integrate to the new Financial Management System (FMS) via ETL tool. Platform was HPUX.
Sunday, December 20, 2009 Andrew M Breen 2 of 5
Phase I applications were General Ledger, Receivables, FSG, Project Costing; Phase II included Payables, Purchasing, and HRMS. My
role: the overall Project Lead for the Oracle (FMS) implementation, covering both the functional and technical sides of the applications
• Southern Energy Corp, 5/00 – 8/00: Sales and consulting lead for Oracle Treasury and Oracle Financials. Functional go-to person for
these applications which client subsequently purchased.
• Cigna International, 11/99-3/00: Project scope - successful worldwide rollout of Oracle applications for the R. 11.0.3 Oracle Financials
Worldwide implementation (25 countries with 3 SOB each – total was over 75 sets of books). Included Multiple Reporting Currency,
Consolidation Workbench, ADI, MassAllocations, Budgeting, Localizations, and FSGs. My role: General Ledger and Financial Reporting
PM / team lead. Interfaced directly with senior Cigna executives. Trained junior team members and client staff on Accounting Flexfield
design, R. 11 functionality. Heavy integration customization requirements were documented, tested and implemented.
• Eaton Corp., 11/98-7/99: Project scope - Successful implementation of Oracle Financials and Mfg. Applications at Clutch Division HQ -
Auburn, Indiana, and two Remanufacturing (Reman) sites. This was a complete manufacturing and financials implementation. Oracle
10.7 SC 16.1, HPUX Platform. My role: Accounts Receivable team lead. Responsibilities included providing a solution for invoice
processing at the plant while cash was applied at the corporate level in a Shared Services environment. Additionally, A/R was set up to
handle a customized invoicing/credit bolt-on used at the Remanufacturing sites (known as the Core Bank). Applications I assisted with
(setup/testing): GL, OM, PO, AP). Custom test scripts had to be developed to test import of data from Order Entry into the Financials.
• Michelin, 8/98-10/98: Project scope - Michelin's successful North America Oracle P01 Pilot project. Oracle 10.7 NCA implementation on
HP platform. My role: Testing coordinator and incident tracking & resolution lead across all applications. Responsibilities spanned
planning and ensuring successful test cycle execution across GL (including WW Consolidations), FA, PA, PO, AP, AR (VERTEX), INV,
Custom Cost, Legacy Sales Database, Conversions / Interfaces teams. Acted as point of contact with Michelin Global Core development
team in France and externally with Oracle.
• Other: Conceived, developed and managed an internal Oracle Applications / Technical training program, delivered at no cost to E&Y.
Students and teachers were consultants who were not deployed. The sessions leveraged interactive, classroom training, the 'sandbox'
Oracle Instance and the varied skill sets of the consultants. I facilitated these cross- sessions to fill in basic knowledge gaps, promote
mentoring relationships and help build confidence. Eventually, consultants from other offices began calling in to the sessions and the idea
was rolled out to other offices. The Partners made attendance at this class mandatory for undeployed resources.
Oracle Corporation, Atlanta, Ga. / Charlotte, NC Principal Consultant 9/1995 - 4/1998
Responsibilities: Lead / participate in Oracle applications engagements and sales pursuits. Set deliverable quality standards, mitigate risk
• Eaton Corp. 1/98-6/98: Financial lead for successful implementation of Oracle (10.6.1) at Fluid Power Division, Fletcher, NC. Selected to
provide project management and Oracle Financials expertise (GL / WW Consolidations) for corporate divisional team. Also a member of
the Manufacturing team, Responsible for local full implementation of Oracle Cost Management. Project included extensive setup, testing,
integration with EDI Gateway to transmit notifications to Shared Services Center and went live ahead of schedule.
• KPMG Peat Marwick (1997): Invited to Montvale, NJ headquarters to assist with the definition of the GL Chart of Accounts. Helped
produce a strawman that went to the partners for review.
• Fisher Scientific (1998): Pittsburgh, Pa. Project scope - Implement Financials / Distribution applications, R. 10.6. Role was co-GL lead.
Successfully planned/defined/setup Chart of Accounts and Financial Reporting. Successfully coordinated unit/integration/User
Acceptance testing / integration with other financials (AR, AP)
• Toshiba (1997): Called in to Tokyo, Japan headquarters to evaluate the functionality / test at a high level a series of different options
being considered for the GL (including Worldwide Consolidation) Corporate Chart of Accounts / Accounting Flexfield and to assist with
integrating this into the new Multi-Org. model which had just been introduced by Oracle. Client reported they had learned what they
needed in order to get to the next step of the implementation.
• Unisys - (1997): Blue Bell, Pa. Client had tried to bring up A/R for a year without success. Noticing the large number of unresolved
Technical Assistance Requests (TARs), I redirected their test efforts along a critical path and brought them up live and through their first
close (including reconciliation's) within 6 weeks, resulting in considerable budget savings.
• Time Warner (WEA Mfg. 1997): - Oliphant, Pa. Successful implementation of manufacturing apps. - Inventory, WIP, BOM, Costing,
MRP, ENG, Order Entry and Purchasing including Mfg. Customizations and integrated the financial transactions into client's legacy
system. My role was the Project Manager and Receivables/Financial lead.
• Amercord (1996): - Assisted my manager in setting up full set of Oracle Financials (including consolidations)
• Unifi (1995/1996): - Brought to Greensboro, NC headquarters and successfully set up their Financial Reporting as the lead FSG
Consultant. Assignment called for creating full set of Financials in $, Budget and Stat currencies as well as a specialized set of Financials.
I was later called back and successfully customized invoices and credit memos to provide more sales order detail utilizing a variety of
fields from the Customer and Inventory Masters
Sunday, December 20, 2009 Andrew M Breen 3 of 5
• Other Implementations ('95-'98): Multi-org. analysis. Business process reengineering / analysis including context and flow diagramming;
Development of desktop procedures, technical writing and training.
NationsBank Charlotte, NC Asst. V.P. Finance Dept Project Manager 12/1993 - 7/1995
Responsibilities: Planning, analysis / test of financial entities acquired via Merger and Acquisition to create seamless integration of new
subsystems with NationsBank's General Ledger while ensuring full compliance with integrity/ accuracy / timeliness of statutory Regulatory
Reporting requirements. The bank's General Ledger ran on IBM 3090's, using COBOLII and was reported across the bank using InfoPak.
• Assisted with successful integration of several M&A entities including these systems: loan, DDA, FX, Letters of Credit.
• Successful work on General and Corporate Bank Systems service upgrade programs to deliver successful testing. Includes MQ series.
Independent Contractor Pound Ridge, NY 8/1992 - 12/1993
• General Electric Credit Corporation – Assisted with miscellaneous accounting projects and reconciliations.
• New York Medical College, Cornell Medical Center – Worked on project to help automate internal accounting processes.
IBM Corporation Armonk, NY (Misc. Professional Titles - details upon request) 1/1979 - 7/1992*
Responsibilities Corporate Balance Sheet / Project Management '91- 92/ Corporate Controller staff, Worldwide Income and Expense
Consolidations 90-'91 / Corporate Treasury staff, Corporate Cash Management '86-'90 / Corporate Human Resources staff, Applications
Programming (PL/1 and SAS) '82-'85 / Corporate Legal staff / Litigation Analysis Division, '79-'82
SKILLS: Strongest skills are bolded
Oracle Applications: (12/ 11i/126.96.36.199) including GL, (FSG’s), ADI, Financial Consolidation Hub, OFA. AR, AP, CE (Cash
Management), Treasury, PO, FA, Project Accounting, WIP, BOM, Cost, Inv, CRM and HR suites; Oracle Discoverer (formerly ‘Browser’)
PROCESSES / METHODOLOGIES SOFTWARE- TOOLS SOFTWARE - LANGUAGES
Oracle AIM Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape PL/SQL
Oracle FastForward Windows Vista, XP Pro, XP home, ME, NT, 2000 PL/1
Oracle Easipath Migration Methodology MS Excel, Word, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Access SAS
Oracle Business Model TOAD and Golden JCL
Oracle Custom Development Methodology Mercury Test Suite Excel Macros
VelocitEY Sharepoint XML
Six Sigma Infopak / FOCUS Speak, Read, Write French
Waterfall, Agile, Scrum Essbase
Oracle OFSA - Perf. Analyzer/ Balance and Control
• Syracuse University Syracuse, NY, BS Psychology, Pre-med, minor in Biology
• Pace University White Plains, NY, MBA, Financial Management, GPA 3.5+
• Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/andrewbreencharlotte
Sunday, December 20, 2009 Andrew M Breen 4 of 5
COMMUNITY 2005 – Volunteer with V.A. to train injured vets in life mgmt and IT skills; Speaker - Charlotte Oracle Applications User Group -
Best Practices in Oracle Financials – 2001; Selected as Project Manager volunteer representative from E&Y for the Advantage Carolina initiative
(1999) which made tangible contributions in time and skill deployment to help build of Charlotte's IT infrastructure; NationsBank - Volunteer for
Green Circle Program - provides self-esteem to disadvantaged youth (1994); Director of Fundraising - New York State Epilepsy Association
('81-'84); Project Management Institute; Oracle Applications Users Group
Selected Project Management Summary
Purpose / Major Outcome /
Project Name / Description Date Role Budget Team Size Complexity
Perform quality check of plant
preparedness, build, maintain Highly complex - Met all deliverable
$300MM over team was
Ingersoll Rand Oracle Rollout 2008 Sr Change Mgr project plan, train plant many targets and prepared Ky.
4 yrs/50 sites over 100
personnel, implement customizations Plant for transition
Integrated my part of
Integrate GW Mortgage
the merger while my
products (application and Moderately
Wachovia / Golden West Merger 2007-'08 Project Manager Approx. $3m 12 to 14 team successfully
infrastructure monitoring complex
mapped loan products
software) with Wachovia's
Successful in all core
tasks - effectively use
20 to 25 through project
Monitored all ongoing including management life cycle;
projects; stepped in to support reporting to effectively handle
Projects were of
implementations and assure Parent firm Division planning, testing,
Harris / Exigent 2001 Practice Mgr varying
customer satisfaction, as worth $23m President and training communication,
needed. Marketed project marketing to change management;
services to new clients C-level effective meeting
contacts facilitation, issue
Successful in all core
tasks - effectively use
management life cycle;
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young - 10 people,
Project Mgr, effectively handle
Projects included: Implement Oracle via ETL tool, Estimate they largest Simple (Harvard
Team lead, planning, testing,
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care 1998 - 2000 international application ranged from several Pilgrim) to
Testing training communication,
Cigna rollouts $.5M to $10M hundred - complex
Coordinator change management;
Transitioned manual record
6 people, tested and installed new
IBM Corporation - Automation of keeping and compensation to
including system. It formed the
Board of Directors Compensation 1992 Project Manager an automated basis to reduce Approx. $100k Simple
BOD level basis for automating
and Reporting time and cost and improve
Sunday, December 20, 2009 Andrew M Breen 5 of 5