Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
CANCER &
Innovation in
BIG DATA
10 Inspiring Startups & Projects
By Bruno Rakotozafy
Context
Definition
Cancer: a group of diseases involving abnormal cell
growth with the potential to invade or spread to other
part...
Oncologists Gen Physicians
Radiologists
Cancer Centers Nurses
Who’s Involved ?
Patients
3 angles
to fight against cancer
Using Data to
Improve
Research
1
Flatiron.com
Only 5% of cancer patient are enrolled into clinical trials. Flatiron is
trying to capture data from the rema...
uBiome.com
Analyzing trillions of bacterias living in your microbiome to predict
some cancers.
Health Data
Centers in France
In advanced countries, it’s critical to
secure health data transmission to
meet regulatory c...
Supporting
Health Providers
2
FoundationMedicine.com
On demand biopsy sequencing to predict the best cancer treatment.
CancerLinQ.org
Collaborative database extracting data from existing EHR to be used
by practioners to get second opinions.
IBM Watson
Computer will not replace
doctors but help them taking
wiser decisions.
Want to take part in this revolution?
Everybody can Create the Future of Healthcare
Click to Discover
Digging into
Images
3
SkinVision.com
SkinVision is helps people tracking evolution of moles with their
smartphones.
VisiblePatient.com
VisiblePatient provides interactive 3D models for surgeons before
tumor surgeries
Zebra-Med.com
Zebra Medical Vision has stockpiled millions of images accessible
for researchers to test new image analysis...
MobileODT.com
Mobile ODT develops a smartphone tool to help screening cervical
cancer in emerging markets.
Thank You
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Innovation in Cancer & BigData - 10 Startups

5,818 views

Published on

Cancer strikes 30 millions people in the world each year. Discover a selection of promising startups and projects willing to fight against it thanks to algorithms.

Published in: Health & Medicine
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Innovation in Cancer & BigData - 10 Startups

  1. 1. CANCER & Innovation in BIG DATA 10 Inspiring Startups & Projects By Bruno Rakotozafy
  2. 2. Context
  3. 3. Definition Cancer: a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body Synonym: Malignant Tumor Big Data: often refers simply to the use of predictive analytics or other certain advanced methods to extract value from data.
  4. 4. Oncologists Gen Physicians Radiologists Cancer Centers Nurses Who’s Involved ? Patients
  5. 5. 3 angles to fight against cancer
  6. 6. Using Data to Improve Research 1
  7. 7. Flatiron.com Only 5% of cancer patient are enrolled into clinical trials. Flatiron is trying to capture data from the remaining 95%.
  8. 8. uBiome.com Analyzing trillions of bacterias living in your microbiome to predict some cancers.
  9. 9. Health Data Centers in France In advanced countries, it’s critical to secure health data transmission to meet regulatory compliances. (click to see the list)
  10. 10. Supporting Health Providers 2
  11. 11. FoundationMedicine.com On demand biopsy sequencing to predict the best cancer treatment.
  12. 12. CancerLinQ.org Collaborative database extracting data from existing EHR to be used by practioners to get second opinions.
  13. 13. IBM Watson Computer will not replace doctors but help them taking wiser decisions.
  14. 14. Want to take part in this revolution? Everybody can Create the Future of Healthcare Click to Discover
  15. 15. Digging into Images 3
  16. 16. SkinVision.com SkinVision is helps people tracking evolution of moles with their smartphones.
  17. 17. VisiblePatient.com VisiblePatient provides interactive 3D models for surgeons before tumor surgeries
  18. 18. Zebra-Med.com Zebra Medical Vision has stockpiled millions of images accessible for researchers to test new image analysis algorithms.
  19. 19. MobileODT.com Mobile ODT develops a smartphone tool to help screening cervical cancer in emerging markets.
  20. 20. Thank You

×