• Tax Rates
• Bond Elections
• Crisis Situations
• Everyday good news
• and more …
• It is if … you develop a goal for your
• It is if … you develop objectives
each year that measure your
success or failure.
• It is if … you say everything multiple
times and in multiple ways.
• The list of target audiences
• Budget Items
• Timetable and task list
Know your audience and the filters
between you and them
• Electronic Newsletters
• Social Media
• Telephone Callout Systems
• Listener vs. Reader (Visual vs. Verbal)
• Computer Literacy
• Bond and tax rate elections
• Focus groups
• Number of participants
• It depends on what you are
• Never forget who your public is.
• You can try to communicate with
everyone – but not everyone will
hear your message.
• Be prepared to change your
strategies when something isn’t
• Never lie to the media.
• Remember – all feedback is
• Put yourself in the other person’s
• The best communication is built
• Remember the power of influence.
• One message does not fit all.