7 Technology Trends That Will Matter Most to Small Business in 2013
MADISON AVE. COLLECTIVE Presenting January’s 4:59 Seminar7 Technology Trends That Will Matter Most to Small Business in 2013 Brad Attig
WELCOME TOTHE MAC!o The MAC is a creative and diverse group of independent, freelance talent.o We are comprised of coders, web developers, graphic designers, illustrators, strategists, content creators and business coaches.o We share ideas, business experiences, and a common belief that two (or more) heads are usually better than one.o We scale to fill the needs of our clients.
YOUR PRESENTERI work with small and mid-sized I educate my clients how socialbusiness (SMB’s), both B2B and media can integrate within theirB2C, and with non-profit current marketing strategy andorganizations to assist in how to leverage social toolsidentifying and clarifying their effectively.unique message. I create best practices for myThis encompasses branding, clients to engage theirmarketing and engagement. customers with conversational marketing that drives brandI assess current practices and loyalty.provide recommendations how tobest focus their message. Brad Attig MAC Member www.bradattig.com
7 Technology trends that will matter most to small business in 2013The objective today is to identify one single actionable item. Oneitem where you can leverage or manage technology to improve yourcustomer’s experience, increase loyalty and positively impact your bottomline.
1. DEATH OF THE DESKTOPMobility is changing howyou do business, bothinternally with your team andexternally with yourcustomers.36% of Small Businesseshave replaced some or all oftheir desktops with tablets orsmartphones.Smart business owners will embrace technology and tap into mobilesability to work faster, more efficiently and more effectively.
2. UNDERSTANDING TECHNOLOGY ISGOING TO BE CRITICALRecognizing the opportunitytechnology offers, figuring outhow to use and leverage it is ajungle.54% of SMB’s have seen their“pain points” of technologyincrease in the last few years.Are you mystified by cloud computing, marketing automation, socialmedia platforms, “showrooming” and even how to have an effectivepresence with your website?
3. FINDING GOOD TALENT WILL ONLY GET TOUGHERSmall business can’t Technology experts are Creative solutions tocompete on salary, only going to increase in technology needs will bebenefits and bonuses. demand, scarcity, loyalty critical in 2013 to yourHow will you respond? and cost. business success.
4. OUTSOURCING WILL BECOME AGREAT OPTION FOR THE SMB.Freelancers and contractorsare expected to becomeeasier to find.Independent workers(contractors, freelancers andsolo-preneurs) are projectedto grow from 17 million to 23million in the next 5 years. www.matchbook.comWhile it will be easier to find “talent” on a temporary basis, will you knowhow to qualify that talent and even know what to say and ask?
5. SOLOMO GOES SHOPPING Social – Local - MobileSocial Local MobileGetting meaningful Using local search to find “Showrooming: the act ofrecommendations from retailers. Are you using a phone toreputable sources optimized? compare your price to an(friends). on-line price.
6. CONNECTEDMILLENNIALS &THEIR MOMS Two key consumer groups you need to learn as much as possible about. Both are constantly connected and are not shy in sharing their opinions about your brand, your product and your service. 2013 brings the year to step up your monitoring and responses to these critical groups.
7. SOCIAL MEANS MORE THANFACEBOOKFacebook, Twitter and You-Tubeare the 800 lb. gorillas butfocusing on the social mediaplatforms that your customer is onis critical.Pinterest, Instagram, Yelp, Bing& Google Local Places, andGoogle+ are places that yourcustomer might hang out.You no longer need to have a presence everywhere and a poor showingin some places can even hurt you. Focus on where your customer isand own those spaces. Plan to spend more time actually engaging withyour customer.
Thank you for attending & keep this top of mind2013 will continue to be a year of change. Businesses whichchoose to embrace technology and seek to use these advances willfind themselves having stronger customer loyalty.Starting and carrying on a meaningful dialogue with customers willpositively impact their bottom line and make 2013 both a prosperousand profitable year.