CURRICULUM VITAE FOR BRASIO MATUNGO
Born: 24th October, 1963, Bushenyi District- South Western Uganda
P.O Box 3005. Kampala, Tel: 0772670707 / 0701092404,
E-Mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified as a Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) in 2011 from The Kenya Accountants
National Examinations Board. Am also a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants
of Kenya (ICPAK), and the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU). I have
a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) of Uganda Management Institute (UMI).Further I
have completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation (PGDME) at Uganda
Management Institute (UMI); at same time pursuing a Masters Of Business Administration
(Accounting and Finance) at Uganda Technology and Management University (UTAMU).
. In 1984, I completed a Bachelor of Arts Economics at Makerere University and a Postgraduate
Diploma in Education (PGDE) in 1986 at Makerere University.
Details of work place:
Since October 2015 to date, am a Finance Officer for The Uganda Pentecostal University in Fort
January 2012 to Sept 2015: I was a Deputy Finance manager,for Integrated Community Based
Initiatives (ICOBI) - a Non Governmental Organization operating in mainly Western Uganda
which has been running PMCTC, and OVC, Linkage and SUSTAIN projects funded by
USAID, CDC, USAID and Washington University respectively.
I Have been overseeing other staff in finance department.Provided monthly management
reports, quarterly reports to donors. Annual reports were always prepared for annual audits.
Prepare financial budgets and cash flows.
April 2008 to Dec 2011: I worked as a senior Accountant, Integrated Community Based
Initiatives (ICOBI) when operating an OVC, PMCTC, and RC4 projects funded by USAID,
CDC, and University of Washington.
Oct 2004- 2007: served as Audit Manager for Ruma Certified Public Accountants, Kampala.
Dec 1997 - 1999: I worked as Finance and Administration Officerfor African Education
FundInternational providing medical and educational services to refugees in Adjumani and
1995 to Nov. 1997: I worked as a Expenditure Accountant, Crown Bottlers (Pepsi), a beverages
private organization based in Kampala.
Jan 1991 to Dec 1994: worked as Audit Assistant, Uganda Cooperative Auditing Services,
Feb 1987 to Dec 1990: taught Economics and mathematics at Bweranyangi G SS.
1.Attended The New Partners Initiative Technical Assistance Project workshop on cost share
training (Aug 17-18, 2011), funded by USAID.
2. .Attended The New Partners Initiative Technical Assistance Project workshop on ICOBI
Compliance Training (Nov 23-25, 2010) funded by USAID.
3. Attended a Delloitte IFRS Workshop held 12th Nov 2009 at Sheraton Hotel, Kampala
4. Attended the New Partners Initiative (NPI) Round Two Partners’ Launch Meeting by USAID,
May 20-23 2008, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-funded by USAID.
5. Attended a Budgetary Management and Expenditure Control Course by Uganda Management
Institute, 20th to 24th April 1998.
6. Attended a seminar on Financial Management for SACCOs by Institute of Certified Public
Accountants of Uganda, 7th February 2013
7.Attended a seminar on Financial Management in Non GovernmentalOrganisations Seminar by
Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda, 26th Aug 2011.
8 Attended a seminar on Internal Auditors by The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of
Uganda, 4th February 2011
9.Attended a seminar on Microfinance Institutions, by The Institute of Certified Public
Accountants of Uganda, 21st January 2011.
10. Attended a seminar on Taxation & National Budget Tax Proposals, by the Institute of
Certified Public Accountants of Uganda, 19th November 2010.
11. Attended Auditors’ seminar, by The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda, 26th
12. Attended a seminar on community Resource Persons Orientation Workshop for Community
PMTCT, 14thto 20th December 2008, funded by ICOBI
13. Participated in Training of Community Childcare Workers for the Early Childhood
Development Programme funded by Ministry of Health
14. Attended a seminar on Building an effective system for quality, equitable and timely service
delivery at all levels in an organization, by ICOBI
15. Attended a workshop on Orientation on Holistic & Integrated Orphans & other Vulnerable
Children (OVC) Service delivery, 21st to 25th July 2008
Other Responsibilities held:
I was the Treasurer of the Rotary Club of Kabwohe, July 2012 to June 2014.
1. M/S Auro Joy Agnes,The University Secretary, Uganda Pentecostal University, P.o.Box 249,
Fort Portal; Email: email@example.comTel.0755359561/0772359561/0702359561.
2.Dr. Edgar MwesigyeKateshumbwa, Head of programs, Management Science Department,
Uganda Management Institute, P.o.Box 20131, Kampala. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org;
3.Mr.SilvanusAhaisibwe, Financial Controller, ICOBI, P.O.Box 16331,Kampala,
I hereby certify that all the information given in this curriculum vitae is true and correct in all