#1 Tactic is to
• Low wages directly impact the quality
of the Officers that work at your site.
• Specify a minimum wage up front.
• Do your homework on wages in your
• The average security guard wage in
Atlanta is $15/hour
• Did you know that some security
guard companies charge their officers
for the uniforms that they wear?
• Don’t tolerate this cut in pay for the
officers on your contract!
• Does anyone from the company ever
come by to check on the performance
of the security guards at your
• Be sure that you specify the level of
supervision you expect from your
security guard company!
• Low quality security guard companies
don’t offer benefits to their officers.
Yet another way they cut the wages
of the officers that are supposed to
be protecting you and your assets!
• Ask up front what they offer in the
way of vacation and holiday leave as
well as health insurance plans.
• Some Atlanta security guard
companies don’t consider their
officers employees. They make the
guards pay their own payroll taxes
and don’t even provide workers
compensation insurance to protect
them if they are injured. Yet another
way to pad their profits on your
• Ask your security company how they
treat their officers!
Click here to check out
our blog article that
contains more of these
• Does your security guard company
pay their officers regular wages
during training or do they pay them a
minimum wage? Yet another way to
short-change the officers that are
protecting you and pad their own
• Do they even conduct the minimum
• Ask your security guard company
(and the employees) how they handle
• Is the management of your security
guard company involved in any
industry organizations like ASIS,
BOMA, or the International
Association Chiefs of Police?
• Are they getting continuing education
and staying up on the best practices
in the industry?
• Seek out a provider that values
continuing education at all levels of
Looking for a quality security
guard company in Atlanta?
Click here to request a security assessment from BOS Security