Both communication and negotiation skills are life skills. We negotiate, influence and persuade on a daily basis; as we buy and sell, and deal with our clients, colleagues, managers, suppliers, family and friends... and, many times, we have to be assertive about it.
Successful negotiations require serious collaboration with others and an ability to shift perspective and gain insight into each other’s motivations in order to form a win-win agreement. Having a win-win mentality, however, does not mean lack of assertion. On the contrary, in order for everyone to win, we sometimes have to take very bold steps for their own good.
Our "Utilizing Assertive Communication to Achieve Win-Win Results" course takes a close look at the vital role boldness and assertion play in negotiation and everyday communication. Attendees of this unique course will learn how to “hold their ground” and “hold their own” when negotiating and communicating with others. Having an effective win-win mentality requires advanced assertive communication skills that allow us to define procedures, strategize for mutual gain, create precise plans, listen effectively, and much more.
This program will give participants the proper asserive communication skills to ensure that everyone wins.
By attending this course, participants will:
1. Determine where emotions stem from
2. Influence emotions to achieve win-win scenarios
3. Understand and appreciate the role of assertion in communication and negotiation
4. Differentiate assertion from aggression
5. Identify your personal goals as well as the goals of the other party when negotiating or communicating
6. Listen and respond to others more effectively
7. Make, refuse and accept requests more effectively
8. Deal with anger and conflict more confidently and professionally
9. Handle inter-personal issues more confidently and effectively
10. Give and receive feedback more effectively