In this day and age, you don’t have to be a manager or have a position of power to become a leader. Anyone can become a leader. Why? Because leadership is about attitude, not position. It’s about influence, not power. It’s about the ability to communicate effectively, not the ability to make money.
However, many staff-level employees don’t see themselves as leaders. Sadly, many even see themselves as victims of their own leaders and managers. Many more lack the confidence to simply do their jobs right.
Our “Effective Supervision and Staff Leadership” course is designed to bring out the leader in all of us by effectively communicating our information, opinions and needs. This unique course recognizes the fact that great leaders are, first and foremost, effective communicators. But, that’s not all.
Our two-day course will also tackle many important traits of highly effective leaders; such as: assertiveness, negotiation skills, critical thinking, planning and preparedness, influential behavior, and many more.
By attending this course, participants will be able to:
1. Define staff leadership and calculate their motivation to become staff leaders in the workplace
2. Measure their understanding of themselves and others as well as identify the traits they will need to help them in their leadership and supervisory roles
3. Categorize their styles of staff leadership and identify the styles that will be most effective for their supervisory roles in the organization
4. Align their personal goals with the organizations goals
5. Demonstrate critical and solution-based thinking
6. Apply effective communication techniques and styles to enhance their leadership and supervisory skills
7. Facilitate their work teams effectively
8. Utilize win-win concepts even when communicating assertively