No matter who you are or what you do, being able to express your knowledge and opinion in a public setting is an essential skill to have. Now, more than ever, people need to be able to communicate effectively in front of other people in order to succeed in the workplace... and in life.
The "6 Steps to Effective Public Speaking" course will address the importance of effective oral communication and teach participants useful skills for speaking in public through the use of informative, persuasive, and narrative speeches. This course also aims to highlight skills learned by requiring participants to create and deliver their own speeches..
After completing this course, you should be able to:
1. Analyze your audience and design speeches to reflect your analysis
2. Conduct meaningful research on a variety of topics
3. Plan and prepare speeches that fulfill the needs of any occasion
4. Outline your speeches in a logical and thorough fashion
5. Use presentation aids to enhance your speeches
6. Listen effectively, regardless of your interest in the subject matter
7. Evaluate speeches based on a variety of verbal and non-verbal criteria