Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego•129 views
Excellence & The Wild Rumpus: What Networks Mean for Higher Ed
1. EXCELLENCE & THE WILD RUMPUS:
What Networks Mean for Higher Ed
University of Prince Edward Island"
Ohio Innovate 2016"
28. "For the first time in human history, two
related propositions are true. One, it no
longer is possible to store within the human
brain all of the information that a human
Second, it no longer is necessary to store
within the human brain all of the information
that humans need.
Education needs to be geared toward
the handling of data rather than the
accumulation of data.”"
- Context for Communication, Berlo, 1975"
29. Structure of Abundance =
47. Those within the academy become
very skilled at judging the stuff of
reputations. Where has the person’s
work been published, what claims of
priority in discovery have
they established, how often have
they been cited, how
and where reviewed, what prizes won,
what institutional ties earned, what
63. • What kinds of professional
conversations do you want access
to? With whom? From where?"
• What audiences do you want for
• What do you – and your students –
have to offer that isn’t being
seen right now?"
65. LET THE WILD RUMPUS
of abundance & networks &
66. Tell me how your story goes