SHARE YOUR SECRETS!
WHAT HELPS YOU LOVE OTHERS WELL?
• What gives you the desire?
• What gives you the strength?
• What gives you the wisdom?
• What do you wish you knew
about loving others well
when you were young?
• What one thing would you
now want to tell others who
wants to love others well?
HOW DID THEY LOVE WELL?
QUOTES FROM OUR CHURCH
• “God is our source of love and the wisdom to know how to reach
the person, and He wants us to convey that to others.” (JA)
• “Get close to God, learn how to recognize His voice, His way of
communication with/to you.” (JA)
• “The more you pray for someone, the more you will love them.”
I have found that to be true. If you are having a problem loving
someone, start praying for them more and ask the Lord to show
you something about them. (SH)
A WIN-WIN RECIPE FROM HEAVEN
THE SECRET TO LOVING OTHERS WELL
• When God satisfies our heart the most, we love others very well
• The most loving thing we can do to love our spouses, our children,
our parents or our friends is to love and enjoy God more than we
love and enjoy them.
• God is the source of all true love. God is Love! (1 John 4:8)
• The human heart that is in love with God is full of love for others.
• The opposite is also true.
• The root of not loving people well is a defective relationship
IF GOD IS NOT THE LOVE OF OUR LIFE,
THERE IS NO WAY THAT WE WILL TRULY
LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OURSELVES.
FOR WE WILL LOVE OURSELVES
— Pastor John Piper
Believing lies about ourself strangles love relationships with everyone, including God.
HOW GOD SEES YOU!
• He Always Wanted to Love You: The Father decided to love you as His
child before He made the world ( Eph. 1:3-5)!!!
• Despite Your Sins: God always knew you would sin (Rev. 13:8).
• God Has Always Pursued You: The Father pursued you and drew you to
faith in Jesus. ( John 6:44,65) God loved you first! (1 John 4:19)
• You Are His Beloved Child Forever: Romans 8:14-16
• He’s Loves & Prays for You: Jesus & the Holy Spirt both intercede for you
so you will make it to heaven. ( Rom. 8:26 & Heb. 7:15)
• So, don't tolerate lies about yourself! Ask God what he
thinks of you.
PRAY FOR THOSE YOU DON’T LIKE
AS GOD TO SHOW YOU HOW HE SEES THEM.
“AND IN HIS LAW HE MEDITATES DAY AND NIGHT” (PS.1:2)
NUMBER 3: MEDITATE ON SCRIPTURE
• "Meditation is focused
thinking. It takes serious
effort. You select a verse and
reflect on it over and over in
your mind...if you know how
to worry, you already know
how to meditate" ~~Pastor
Rick Warren, Author of The
Purpose Driven Life