The Driverless Truck?
It’s a TRAIN!
Logistics and Operations Consultant
• Driverless trucks for road transport, in theory, are GREAT!
• No more Truck Drivers for companies to worry about
• Immediate savings from costs of pay and conditions
• Truck Driver shortages would be a past concern
• Legal exposure would be immediately minimized
So what’s the problem?
It’s Trucking magic!
Driverless trucks risk:
Don’t believe the hype!
We have them already – we call them TRAINS!
It’s Trucking Crazy!
• Airplanes can fly themselves yet still, for safety, require TWO pilots
• Trucking has more traffic to contend with and so just as many - if not more - lives
to consider and protect
• Also, Truck Drivers do more than just drive
• How will a driverless truck monitor the safety of the load or the overall vehicle?
• Truck Drivers can deal with real issues in real time safely, like blow outs!
• Who would fuel the truck on a long journey?
• What about high value loads – driverless trucks reduce the security!
Let’s Just Think…
…is safer than a real-life person driving to real-life conditions and real-time
Safety First – ALWAYS!
• Imagine, for just a second, if there was ANY malfunction in the
• Who would be liable for any resultant legal consequences?
• The computer programmer?
• The company that sold the software?
• The company who bought and used the software?
This risks real LIVES
Let’s Just Think…
Why use driverless trucks for ONE load when the train can take
HUNDREDS and use real people to drive them and so ensure maximum
safety and security for everyone?
The Future? Hardly…
What about the environment?
Driverless trucks are certainly NOT environmentally friendly!
• Undoubtedly, driverless trucks have a place and a purpose
• On private land where the journeys are short and the risks to the general public
are minimal – like the oil sands
NOT on the public highways and byways
The risks are just too great for too little return….
Use them wisely…and SAFELY!
We look forward to helping you grow your business.
Alexander McCabe, Logistics and Operations Management Consultant
> 905.709.4031 > firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen McElroy, CEO > 416.994.6552 > email@example.com
Jim Crocker, Chairman > 416.573.9396 > firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Office: 18 Almond Avenue
Thornhill, ON L3T 1L1 1.905.709.4031
View our Consultant Team Page:
Twitter (over 53,000 Followers) @BoardroomMtrcs