reliability based design optimization for cloud migration
Reliability Based Design Optimization for
• What is project about??
In this project we develop a framework that improves and enhances the
reliability of applications in the cloud environment .
It facilitates the process of cloud migration of legacy applications of
This is achieved by using algorithms which rate and identify those components
of the application that are critical to the application
With the help of 2 ranking algorithms we will identify components whose
failures can have a large negative impact on the reliability of the application.
An optimal fault-tolerant strategy is used to ensure that these components do
not encounter any errors that lead to their failure.
Disadvantages of Existing System
It is time consuming to study applications and identify
significant components manually.
Legacy Systems cant manage dynamic applications
Its not very easy to identify redundant components in the
existing legacy systems.
We have been able to finish 80% of front end design which
involved developing 11 components of front end.
Further 2 components are yet to be designed for cloud
We were able to write a part of mysql code for database.
1. S.Al-kiswany, D.Subhraveti,P.Sarkar,andM.Ripeanu, ‘‘VMFlock: Virtual
Machine Co-Migration for the Cloud,’’ in Proc. 20th Int. Symp. High Perform.
Distrib. Comput.,NewYork, NY, USA, 2011, pp. 159-170.
2. A.A. Almonaies, J.R. Cordy, and T.R. Dean, ‘‘Legacy System Evolution
Towards Service-Oriented Architecture,’’ inProc. Int. Workshop SOAME,
Madrid, Spain, Mar. 2001, pp. 53-62.
3. G. Anthes. (). Security in the Cloud. Commun. ACM[Online]. 53(11), pp.
16-18. Available: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1839676. 1839683
4. M. Armbrust, A. Fox, R. Griffith, A. Joseph, R. Katz, A. Konwinski, G. Lee, D.
Patterson, A. Rabkin, I. Stoica, and M. Zaharia, ‘‘A View of Cloud
Computing,’’Commun. ACM, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 50-58, 2010.
• The page navigation needs to be established.
• The modules needs to be connected with the database.
• Database has to be completely developed
• Integration of all the developed modules.
• Writing the code for actual implementation