3. Introductory Notes
• What is ASO?
• App Store Ranking Factors
• Components of ASO
• Ratings and Reviews
• Ask a simple question!
• Measuring Success
• Tools And Resources
• Have questions?
4. 63 % of Android and iOS users have found
apps by “organic search” within the app
What is ASO?
APP STORE Optimization means that the
search engine specific rules.
The higher your app ranks in an app store’s
search results, the more visible it is to
5. Why ASO?
An optimized app means more downloads, which
ultimately lead to more subscriptions, purchases,
shares, customer engagements, and whichever other
KPI’s equate success for your business.
ASO requires many of the same factors that go into
great SEO tactics. Like metadata, keywords, head
titles, description, & geography play a role in app store
listings, so leveraging the right tool to understand
these variables for your specific app can mean the
difference between a top-tier ranking & an also-ran
6. • There are currently 750,000 apps in the
App Store alone.
• These apps have over 40 billion
• There are one billion smartphones existing
in the world, and that number is growing.
7. App Store Ranking
The aspects that determine your ranking
in an app search engine can be divided
in textual aspects, popularity, and rating.
While all platforms have their own
ranking factor weights and algorithm
particularities, the ideal situation of these
factors is quite similar.
8. • App Name
• App Publisher
• Keywords and Description
• Installs so far
• Install Growth Spikes
• Current Installs, Uninstalls, Active Installs
21. Measuring Success In
• Top Charts, especially Top Charts within a particular
• Just as ratings and reviews will help your ASO.
• Taking it one step further, correlating your search
rankings to downloads will allow you to understand
the effect your increased ASO is having on your
• Keep an eye on the Top 50 Industry Wise
• we often see apps whose conversion rate soars with
an increase in ASO because the users are so much
more engaged with the app.
22. Tools And Resources
• Quickly talk about some tools and resources
to use to help your app marketing