Recipe for Vegan Chili
The recipe below makes one large pot of vegan chili with a kick! Modify portions and level of spiciness as
✓ Unlimited amounts of LOVE!
✓ 3 28oz can of crushed red tomatoes
✓ 1 can (15oz) black beans
✓ 1 can (15oz) garbanzo beans
✓ 1 can (15oz) red kidney beans
✓ OPTIONAL: 1 pack of vegan chorizo sausage (Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods Brand—contains soy); can
be substituted for petite lentils
✓ 1 large white onion
✓ 1 large Vidalia onion
✓ 1 large bell pepper
✓ 8oz of chopped portobello mushrooms
✓ 4 large garlic cloves
✓ 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
✓ Black pepper
✓ Cayenne pepper
✓ Sea salt
1. Add unlimited amounts of LOVE.
2. Chop onions and garlic and lightly saute on medium heat in a large soup or stockpot.
3. Chop mushrooms and bell pepper and add to the pot.
4. Add crushed red tomatoes and stir well.
5. Add black pepper, cayenne pepper, and sea salt to desired taste and spice level and stir well.
6. Remove the casing of the soy chorizo sausage and add to the pot and stir well.
7. Add chipotle peppers.
8. Add beans and stir well.
9. Turn up the heat to medium-high until the chili starts to simmer.
10. Turn down the chili to low heat for 10-15 more minutes then turn off the heat and allow the chili to cool
11. ENJOY! Serve with cornbread or your favorite tortilla chips and fresh avocado.