Be Small Business Boot Camp Update

1,223 views

Published on

Published in: Business, Technology
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
1,223
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
21
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
29
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • Be Small Business Boot Camp Update

    1. 1. Black Enterprise Small Business Boot Camp Presented by: Brent Leary, CRM Essentials
    2. 2. “ Social ” challenges facing small businesses <ul><li>Finding time to turn good customers into advocates (Real $$$) </li></ul><ul><li>Finding enough good customers </li></ul><ul><li>Letting good prospects find them </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Leveraging SEO/SMO to be found </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Need to automate time consuming tasks keeping you from creating advocates: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Creating attractive content appealing to good prospects (including landing pages) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Capturing Leads from Web </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Qualifying Leads </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Separating the suspects from prospects </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Responding to Leads Quickly and Correctly </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Closing more good deals efficiently </li></ul></ul>
    3. 3. Sales & Marketing Challenges <ul><li>The Problem* </li></ul><ul><li>Avg. Business has 7% awareness </li></ul><ul><li>90%+ of market not ready to buy </li></ul><ul><li>Awareness = 6-7 touches per yr </li></ul><ul><li>80% of new sales take 8-15 contacts to gain interest </li></ul><ul><li>Avg. salesperson abandons after 1-2 calls </li></ul><ul><li>50% of all leads buy – in 6-18 months </li></ul><ul><li>Result </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Huge numbers of missed opportunities </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>* Source: Cargill Consulting Group, Inc., Griffin Consulting Group, Sales & Marketing Mgmt Magazine, Harvard Business Review, Dartnell Institute </li></ul></ul>
    4. 4. Lead Generation: Road to the Final Four <ul><li>Pareto’s Principle – Hindsight is 80/20: </li></ul><ul><li>100 Sales Leads </li></ul><ul><li>20 Qualified Leads </li></ul><ul><li>4 Converted Leads </li></ul><ul><li>How much time and money are spent with the 96 before reaching the Final Four? </li></ul>
    5. 5. Pyramid Of Customer Loyalty
    6. 6. Technology Solutions to Business Challenges <ul><li>Create an effective web presence </li></ul><ul><li>Create an effective presence on the web </li></ul><ul><li>Automate everything you can </li></ul><ul><li>The Audacity of Content </li></ul><ul><li>Conclusion </li></ul>
    7. 7. Customer Acquisition Process Campaigns Leads Generates Converts into Opportunities Contacts Account Forecast Feeds Into Analyzed to determine success
    8. 8. Creating an effective web presence <ul><li>Building out your website </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Quick & Easy </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>DYI </li></ul></ul>
    9. 14. Creating an effective web presence <ul><li>Building out your website </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Quick & Easy </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>DYI </li></ul></ul>
    10. 20. Creating an effective web presence <ul><li>Building out your blog </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Quick & Easy </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>DYI </li></ul></ul>
    11. 23. Creating an effective web presence <ul><li>Building out your blog </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Quick & Easy </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>DYI </li></ul></ul>
    12. 26. Blogging + Podcasts + RSS = REACH! Blogging Podcasting RSS
    13. 29. <ul><li>Create an effective web presence </li></ul><ul><li>Create an effective presence on the web </li></ul><ul><li>Automate everything you can </li></ul><ul><li>The Audacity of Content </li></ul><ul><li>Conclusion </li></ul>Technology Solutions to Business Challenges
    14. 30. Web 2.0 - 21 st Century Networking
    15. 38. <ul><li>Create an effective web presence </li></ul><ul><li>Create an effective presence on the web </li></ul><ul><li>Automate everything you can </li></ul><ul><li>The Audacity of Content </li></ul><ul><li>Conclusion </li></ul>Technology Solutions to Business Challenges
    16. 39. Small Business Continues to Move Online Small business is evolving from just being online to doing business online . Increasingly, consumers expect small businesses to respond quickly!
    17. 40. Example of a Small Business Sales Cycle Marketing Collateral 10 % Likelihood of winning Needs Analysis 20 % Likelihood of winning Presentation 40 % Likelihood of winning Proposal 60 % Likelihood of winning Contract Submitted 80 % Likelihood of winning Closed Lost Negotiation 90 % Likelihood of winning Closed Won
    18. 44. <ul><li>Create an effective web presence </li></ul><ul><li>Create an effective presence on the web </li></ul><ul><li>Automate everything you can </li></ul><ul><li>The Audacity of Content </li></ul><ul><li>Conclusion </li></ul>Technology Solutions to Business Challenges
    19. 45. Podcasting: Only the Beginning…. <ul><li>53% surveyed have downloaded or listened to a podcast at least once, with 41% claiming to have listened to podcasts on more than one occasion </li></ul><ul><li>65% said they listen to podcasts for BOTH personal AND business interest </li></ul><ul><li>60% of respondents said info on business or technology topics currently delivered as traditional white papers or analyst reports would be more interesting as podcasts . And 55% of them would be more likely to consume white papers if they were delivered in this manner </li></ul><ul><li>27% said podcasts already influence work-related purchase decisions </li></ul>Knowledgestorm survey of 3,900 B2B purchasers
    20. 49. New Tools of the Trade del.icio.us
    21. 50. <ul><li>Create an effective web presence </li></ul><ul><li>Create an effective presence on the web </li></ul><ul><li>Automate everything you can </li></ul><ul><li>The Audacity of Content </li></ul><ul><li>Conclusion </li></ul>Technology Solutions to Business Challenges
    22. 51. High Level Challenges Are you having problems responding to customer requests? Are you losing to competitors? Are you closing enough deals? Do email campaigns work for you? Having trouble finding customer information quickly? Any issues sharing customer Information across the company? Are your sales people always in the office? Lost any good customers lately? Is the sales pipeline full?
    23. 52. Web Presence <ul><li>Determine whether to use a blog as your site or a fully functional site </li></ul><ul><li>Are you a Do-It-Yourselfer? </li></ul><ul><li>Know your limitations </li></ul>
    24. 53. Presence on the Web <ul><li>Put your content where your audience is </li></ul><ul><li>Participate in the ongoing conversation </li></ul><ul><li>Put your old content to work for you </li></ul><ul><li>Recognize the thin line between social networking and not working </li></ul>
    25. 54. Automate Everything <ul><li>Response to inquiries ( quickly and accurately ) </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Constant Contact </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>iContact </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>CRM services ( Salesforce.com, Zoho, etc. ) </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Routine tasks </li></ul><ul><li>Content creation ( widgetbox.com, mysyndicaat.com) </li></ul><ul><li>Inherit the web </li></ul>
    26. 55. <ul><li>“ Dramatize your ideas” </li></ul>The Audacity of Content
    27. 56. <ul><li>“ COLT 45… it does it every time” </li></ul>The Audacity of Content
    28. 57. Pyramid Of Customer Loyalty
    29. 58. <ul><li>“ People like doing business with people they like ” </li></ul>
    30. 59. Thank You! <ul><li>Brent Leary </li></ul><ul><li>[email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>Blog </li></ul><ul><ul><li>WWW.BRENTLEARY.COM </li></ul></ul>For More Show Info: www.BusinessTechnologyRadio.com

    ×