We think. We are.
• We are digitally-led modern advertising & marketing firm.
• We are small. We think big.
• We spend a LOT of time and resources on what’s next.
• Our clients are everywhere.
• We design to promote interaction
– face-to-face, ear-to-ear, screen-to-screen
• We own nice suits. We prefer not to wear them.
• We occasionally act like children.
• We make our clients smile, money.
• Dickson Realty • Clearstar Financial
• IDWholesaler.com • Hopkins Distribution
Inc. • CLP Resources Inc.
• SAP • Spartan Staffing
• BEA Systems • Reno Tahoe Open
• The Entrust Group • NNDA
• Boyd Gaming • Washoe County
• Lennar Homes School District
• University Health
U e s y ea
In the community…
• Step2 • Reno Tahoe Open
• JDRF Foundation
• RJ Memoriall
M i • Northern Nevada
Foundation Democratic Caucus
• Community • Reno Tahoe Blues
Foundation of Festival
Western Nevada • Reno Tahoe Young
• Food Bank of Professionals Network
Northern Nevada • United Way of the
• Big Brothers Big Sierras
Sisters • Boys & Girls Club
• NCNCS • Artown
Building A Case For Social Media
social media marketing, viral marketing, consumer driven marketing,
or whatever you choose to call it, cannot be ignored as a viable and
necessary function of business and personal reputation
management. As you enter this world, understand, there is not a
one-size-fits all approach, and there are no guarantees.
Where do you need to be?
• Your own site • Make sure as you get
• Word of mouth into this, you are
• P i advertising
Print d i i tracking your efforts
• Web advertising
• Search Optimization • Bottom line,, you need
to be everywhere.
• Paid Search
• Email Marketing
c os es
• Social Media
How it used to be
• The company is in the
• All campaigns and Radio
marketing come from Outdoor TV
the C-level down
• The traditional
agencies drive the Old
strategy and Print Website
• Yawn… Media PR
• Companies saw the
importance of the web
and put it at the center of
their operation Email
• Search engines became
• Diversifying efforts and
splitting agencies Corporate
• Agencies reinvented (or
• Media typically paid off Outdoor Media
• The term “web centric”
started to be bantered
How it is now, tomorrow…
• Control has been
surrendered to consumers Content
• What people say cant be SOCIAL PR
scary to companies
• Companies can no longer
control the conversation Comments Print
• Having a website is barely a
start…you have to be
participation Brand Blogs
Power in th h d of a f
i the hands f few
• Word of Mouth leads to Marketing
• YOU NEED TO BE Sales funnels Forums
• Fundamental shift in who is driving the strategy.
• Interactive, digitally-led agencies are driving.
• Wh ?
– Because we’re already there.
Getting the picture?
Sales funnels Forums
Cross promotion. Traffic Injections.
• Blogs • Micro-Sites
– Only if you plan to – Cant tell the whole story
commit to them – in one website
• Press Releases – Keep up with
– Distribute releases and associations
post news – See who shows up when
• Articles & Stories you search and join them
– Can be a big influencer - • Cross-linking
WSJ – Link to/from partner
• Advertising Partners companies
– Buy ad’s and banners
ad s • Traditional Marketing
strategically – Outdoor
– Track their performance – Print
• Social Media – Broadcast
– Photos & videos
• Question: Who is in control now?
• Answer: Not you.
• Events are a perfect tie-in for social
marketing but, no industry is exempt from
• Try to drive the conversation and you will fail.
Let f h i
• L go of the conversation and participate and
d i i d
you can still fail, but at least you have a chance.
• Use this to your advantage…participate with your
content and be the passenger, not the driver.
Small Case Example:
Reno Tahoe Young Professionals
A website is just a website,, a networked
community is much more.
We built a community.
• A website is neat. Yay!
We have one.
• True networking
organizations have YouTube Ning
• Here are the MySpace Main LinkedIn
networking sites we
exclusively for YPN Flickr Facebook
• Not sure what they Twitter
are? Lets learn…
• YPN has one of, if not the most, comprehensive web footprints of any
networking organization in the area.
• We are over 400 members strong
• You h
Y can now, reach out and meet other YPN members:
d h b
– Socially, business, KIT, BFF, dating, for sale – clean 1 owner, etc.
– Announced at summit
– Assigned to committees
– Member benefits online drive adoption
– Make the tools work together
– Encourage involvement through enlightened self interest
(a great opportunity to increase your profile in the community)
• Not a member? Maybe you should sign up today?
– At least join the mailing list…how hard is that?
• Social marketing is not ROI driven.
• It will ONLY be successful,, if you participate.
y p p
• Networking is no longer about about pancake breakfasts
and business cards.
• Get involved, get known, get business, grow your career.
• Don’t forget…