1. Location Based Services► DEFINITION Location-based services use the geo- localization functionality of a mobile phone or smart phone To provide people with information and entertainment LBS can include mobile commerce when taking the form of coupons or advertising directed at customers based on their current location
Location Based Services► EXAMPLE : Foursquare Free app that helps you make the most of where you are Use to share and save the places you visit When youre looking for inspiration for what to do next, it gives you personalized recommendations and deals based on where you, your friends, and people with your tastes have been
2. Booking Aggregators Site► DEFINITION Aggregator sites run searches on numerous Web sites simultaneously Then link directly to the search results so you can purchase the fares within a click or two The great advantage of aggregators is the ability to search dozens of airline Web sites, all at the same time, as well as one or more of the major booking sites.
Booking Aggregators Site► EXAMPLE : Kayak A website & also a mobile app You can book flight, hotels, or even cars Useful to compare airlines and hotels different offers
3. Customer Engagement► DEFINITION It refers to the engagement of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer- or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline. Through social media this can be "liking" your page, visiting your page, comments on your content, reposts your content, follows your brand on twitter, signs up for a newsletter...
Customer Engagement►EXAMPLEJoie de Vivre (hotels): customer engagedJoie de Vivre (hotels): customer engaged Facebook: Twitter ►12333 likes ►15760 followers ►Lots of customers’ ►To view fotos comments and ►Games feedback ►Use of matchmaker to find the most adapted hotel
4. Booking Channels► DEFINITION Way through which the customer books a room.► BOOKING CHANNELS EXAMPLES ►The hotel website ►The brand portal ►Social networks ►Reverse auction site (hotwire) ►OTAs ►Mobile apps
5. SEO► DEFINITION SEO stands for Search engine optimization It is a set of strategies and techniques used to increase the amount of visitors to a website ► by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo…). SEO improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine The higher a website naturally ranks in organic results of a search, the greater the chance that that site will be visited by a user.