1912 King Cypress Parade Left to right: Prof. Marchal, Alvin Marionneaux, Pete Foy, E. N. Taylor, E. M. Freleigh, Edwin Grass, Vic Blanchard and Johnny Barbay.
Jack Rosso’s Float in Front of the Old St. Charles Hotel on Main Street (1912)
Jack Russo’s Float in Front of His American Star Saloon on Railroad Ave. (1915)
Order of the Moose Float in 1917 Mardi Gras Parade Pictured on float from left to right: Gladys Flateau, Ethel Daigle, Agnes Daigle Foy, and Hazel Billings Tullier.
Neubig’s Float Designed by Miss Frances Neubig (Frances Williams standing and Miss Henrietta "Yette" Blumenthal sitting)
Max Miller and the Rendezvous Boys Playing Nightly at the Tivoli Night Club on Railroad Ave. (1931)
John Richard’s Band (circa 1910) Back row: John Richard on Bass, & his brother J.E. “Chink” Richard on cornet. Willie Richard on trombone. Seated: The Devillier Brothers on guitar and violin. Mr. Dominque, their teacher on drums.
Dr. John Avery Richard Jr. and His "The Midnight Serenaders" Jazz Band (1924)
Kelly’s String Band Front row left to right: Alcide Patureau, Omer Patureau and Ferdinand Hebert. Back row: Nick Manola and Wade Landry. (circa 1920)
The Brusle Independent Brass Band In September of 1882, a group of amateur musicians organized the Brusle Independent Brass Band named for Chas. A Brusle. Albert Callais is pictured on the far left next to Mr. Brusle.
Brusle Independent Brass Band Picnic at “Mingo’s Point” on Bayou Plaquemine Captain C. A. Brusle sitting on the left.
In 1940 the “Capital” was one of the largest excursion boats that visited Plaquemine. It featured moonlight dancing on the Mississippi River. It would leave Plaquemine at 8 p.m. and return at 11:30 p.m.
The “President” One of the Many Floating Ballrooms That Stopped at Plaquemine for a Moonlight Ride and Dance on the Mississippi River
Harry F. Wright Getting Ready to Dive From a Height of 90 Feet Into a 6 Foot Deep Tank The 10 x 5 foot tank was located in front of the St. John The Evangelist Church. (March 21, 1903)
Outline of the Home Park Race Track That Was Located on the End of Haase Street (1929)
P.H.S. Football Team 1916 Back row, standing left to right: Whylie Barrow, William Wilkerson, Henry “Foots” Comeaux and John LaBauve. Kneeling are Ory Dupont, Frank Postell, Clark Barrow, Allen Nadler and Seth Chauvet. Flanking the football are: Louis Leblanc and Joseph Hymel . Note that each sweatshirt has a different style lettering.