Your company is using open source, even if you don’t know it. On average, enterprise organizations are utilizing 30% open source within their code bases, and industry leaders often report up to 80% of their software is open source. More importantly, they treat open source as a strategic asset, deliberately investing in open source as a brand differentiator and as a means of thwarting the competition, getting to market faster, and attracting the best talent.
Does your company have an open source strategy? Now is the time to ask this question, because more than likely your competitors do.
This 2014 All Things Open presentation by Samsung's Guy Martin and Black Duck Software's Shawn Briscoe, covers:
- Key dimensions of a comprehensive open source strategy
- Important business issues and intelligent decisioning
- How to mitigate legal and operational risk
- The value of aligning open source stakeholders towards the larger mission of corporate success
- An understanding of the role community dynamics play in a successful initiative
- Samsung – a real world case study