THE CHURCH OF CABANILLAS
By: Borja Álvarez Bernardo
• Title page —————— Page 1
• Index ———————— Page 2
• Introduction ————— Page 3-4
• The main parts of the church ——— Pages 5-17
·The first architects were Hernando del pozo and Pedro de los ríos.
-At first moment, the church had three naves,with a main chapel and others
-In the walls were included stone windows.Over the chapel there are domes of
brick and plaster.
-The time to finish the building were 6 years.The money that financed the
construction came from the people of Cabanillas and Benalaque. They also helped
collecting stones from the Henares’ river.
·The Cabanillas’ church was built at the final of the XVI century.
·The church started to be built on 26 April of 1581.
·The reform cost 2700 penny and Sebastian de la Cana made it
·From the 10 of April some reforms were done for Nicolas de Vergara.
-The head was square. it wasn’t round.
-The walls became more width.
·In 1609 is necessary to reform the tower because a lightning felt down.
·The first bell was carried out by Francisco Sanchez in 1626.
·The main chapel were built in 1676.
·At the end of the 17th century regret at the changes, the church was in danger of
·During the 18th century several consecutive works had to be realized until the
·In 1994 they started a new reparation (roof, tower and the capitel) and in 2008
they proceeded to repairt the interior part (paint, electricity, sound and floor)
·10 years later it hadn’t been finished
THE MAIN PARTS OF THE
OF THE ROMANASQUE
CHURCH THAT CAN BE
FOUND IN THE CABANILLAS’