It has been over half a century since DANOBATGROUP manufactured their first machines. Nowadays we go further than just
manufacturing machines, we innovate in machine tools.
We are part of MONDRAGON, one of Europe’s largest industrial corporations.
DANOBATGROUP continues to grow, which makes us strong and provides us with financial and technological strength that are
necessary to tackle the challenges the future will demand. This is why even in difficult times, we continue to invest.
But there are some objectives that never change. That is why today as in the past, our goal is to provide our clients with profit, and
make them feel that our service and support is close by.
President of DANOBATGROUP
W E S U P P LY T O T H E F O L L O W I N G S E C T O R S
DANOBATGROUP offers stand alone and turn-key solutions for
manufacturing and maintenance operations of rolling stock
The diverse needs of capital goods industry find specific solutions
for each requirement within DANOBATGROUP.
DANOBATGROUP provides highly productive and extremely flexible
machines to suit general engineering industry requirements.
DANOBATGROUP is the leading supplier for some specific
applications in the manufacturing and maintenance of strategic
components such as rotors, stators, turbine shafts and landing
DANOBATGROUP supplies effective and profitable solutions
worldwide to passenger and industrial vehicle OEM-s and
DANOBATGROUP offers the widest range of solutions for the
manufacturing of the key components of wind turbines such as
blades, hubs, nacelles, gearboxes and flanges.
OIL & GAS
DANOBATGROUP supplies turn key solutions for OCTG equipment
manufacturers: pipes and couplings (both API and Premium
threads), christmas trees and forged valves.
THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS
Milling and boring machines · Bed type
· Fixed table travelling column
· Floor type
Turning centres · Horizontal
Grinding machines · External
· Special for aerospace and power generation
· Creep feed
Punching and bending · Punching machines
· Punch and right angle shear combination
· Punch and fiber-laser combination
· Panel benders
· Punching-bending automatised flexible lines
Cutting and drilling · Bandsaws
and 3D plasma cutting machines · Sawing and drilling lines
· 3D plasma cutting
Equipment for railways · Inspection and turning machines
· Shunting cars
· Geometry measuring devices
· Wheel rimb and wheel web crack inspection
· Advanced maintenance management software
Automation of structural parts · Automatic flexible lines for the manufacturing of
manufacturing composite parts
· Component geometry and defect inspection
DANOBATGROUP has offices in 10 countries and our professional
representation network completes our presence worldwide.
DANOBATGROUP is always next to its customer, providing the best
attention and offering a customised service in local language and
DANOBATGROUP is the machine tool division of MONDRAGON, one of the most important Spanish industrial holdings.
MONDRAGON´s – ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
Financial Area Industrial Area Retail Area
Engineering and Capital Goods
Fixtures and Systems
DANOBATGROUP – FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
The balance sheet as of 31.12.08 of the DANOBATGROUP provides the following information:
ASSETS (thousand of €) DEBTS (thousand of €)
Net fixed assests 90.166 Own resources 117.068
Stocks 57.631 Long term debts 20.810
Liquid assest 116.424 Short term debts 144.817
Disposable 18.474 TOTAL 282.695
The turnover in 2008 reached 280 million euros, 76% of which came from foreign markets and 24% from the domestic
DANOBATGROUP offers single machine and turn-key solutions for the manufacturing processes of rolling stock
components such as axles, bogies and complete wheelsets. Additionally, solutions for the preventive maintenance
of the wheels including machinery for the geometry measuring and ultrasounds inspections are available.
Turn-key solution for the machining of railway axles 11
The diverse needs of capital goods industry find specific solutions for each requirement within DANOBATGROUP.
DANOBATGROUP machines satisfy the most demanding requirements in terms of productivity, flexibility and
E-chroma 30 servoelectric punching machine with automatic loading and part stacking system 13
DANOBATGROUP machines are flexible and versatile. Machines are designed to allow easy integration of different
accessories such as heads, tables, loading and measurement systems.
The design and manufacturing of DANOBATGROUP machines minimise non-productive times such as component,
tool and fixture changeovers. Ergonomics and operator safety are also integrated in the design and manufacturing
of the machines.
Horizontal high production bandsawing machine, model CP800 15
DANOBATGROUP is a leading supplier to the aerospace industry. The most advanced machining solutions for critical
components of the landing gear and aircraft engines (rotor, stator and main shafts) are supplied to OEM-s and the
leading airlines world-wide.
High speed blade tip grinding machine, model DANTIP 17
The automotive industry is one of the most demanding industrial sectors. DANOBATGROUP offers solutions from
stand-alone machines for specific operations to complete turn key solutions to passenger and industrial vehicle
OEMs and component manufacturers.
Centerless grinding machine, E-315 FV 19
DANOBATGROUP solutions meet current and future requirements in the manufacturing of the key components of the
wind power industry.
The solutions are adapted to different designs, as well as to the increasing size of the components. DANOBATGROUP
offers customized solutions for the manufacturing of blades, hubs, nacelles, gearboxes, rings, towers and other critical
components of the wind turbines.
Floor type milling and boring centre machining hubs, model FX 21
Oil & Gas
DANOBATGROUP turn key solutions for OCTG equipment manufacturers have evolved together with the requirements
from the leading OEMs. Our solutions range from both API and Premium threads for pipes and couplings to christmas
trees and forged valves with all types of claddings and thread profiles.
Horizontal turning centre, model CIH. 23
MILLING AND BORING MACHINES
PRODUCT RANGE HIGHLIGHTS
· Bed type milling centres. · High degree of flexibility and versatility.
· Fixed table travelling column milling machines. · Longitudinal traverse from 2000 up to 30000 mm.
· Floor type milling-boring machines. · Vertical traverse from 1000 up to 6500 mm.
· Cross traverse from 1000 up to 1900 mm.
· Spindle power from 24 kW up to 60 kW.
· Wide range of machining heads. Own design and
· Various options and integration of different accessories
to customize the machine to the customers machining
requirements: More efficiency and profitability in the
· Heavy cutting and high quality of surface finishing.
· Pendulum machining for machines with travelling column,
minimizing non-productive times.
· Protections according to CE standards.
24 Floor type milling and boring machine, model FXR
PRODUCT RANGE HIGHLIGHTS-Horizontal turning centres
· Horizontal turning centres. · Swing over bed: up to 1100 mm.
· Vertical turning centres. · Turning length: up to 8000 mm.
· Optional “C” axis.
· Coolant through the tools.
· Due to the modular configuration, machine is adapted to the
parts of each particular customer.
· Heavy chip removal and optimum part accuracy.
HIGHLIGHTS-Vertical turning centres
· Turning diameter: up to 6000 mm.
· Turning, milling, grinding and drilling operation.
· Fixed or elevating crossrail.
· Two Ram (option).
· Automatic tool setting units.
Vertical turning centre, VTC-1800 25
PRODUCT RANGE HIGHLIGHTS-External grinding machines
· External grinding machines. · High precision and production cylindrical grinding machines
· Internal grinding machines. from 0 up to 1000 mm between centres.
· Creep feed grinding machines. · Heavy duty universal grinding machines for heavy and large
parts, up to 7000 mm and 8000 kg between centres.
· Tangential grinding machines.
· Vertical grinding machines.
HIGHLIGHTS-Vertical grinding machines
· Special grinding machines for aerospace and power
· Vertical grinding centre for a wide range of parts, perfect for
non-round and eccentric grinding of parts up to 800 mm in
· Vertical universal grinding machines for large parts up to 4000
mm in diameter.
HIGHLIGHTS-Internal and radii grinding machines
· High precision internal and radii grinding machines for internal
grinding diameters up to 460 mm.
· Powerful software with interpolation for radii and form
HIGHLIGHTS-Centerless grinding machines
· Wide range of centreless grinding machines for high precision
and production jobs.
· Part capacity of 0.5 mm to 250 mm diameter.
26 Heavy duty grinding machine, HG-72
PUNCHING AND BENDING MACHINES
PRODUCT RANGE HIGHLIGHTS-Punching machine
· Product range. · Punching force 30 Tn. 1100 mm.
Swing over bed: up to
· Punching machines. · Nº of tools from 27 up to 100.
Turning length: up to 8000 mm.
· Punch and right angle shear combination. · Nº of Auto-Index tools from 4 up to 20.
Optional “C” axis.
· Punch and fiber-laser combination. · Work area 1250x2500 up to 1500x4000.
Coolant through the tools.
· Panel benders. · Hit ratethe to 1600 configuration, machine is adapted to the
Due to up modular hits/min.
· Punching-bending automatized flexible lines. parts of each particular customer.
· Dimensions of right angle shear: 800x1500 mm.
· Heavy chip removal and optimum part low consumptions.
· High efficiency Fiber-Laser that obtainsaccuracy.
· Great range of optional accessories: tapping, upforming,
lubrication, part chute, special forming tools,...
· Easy installation of peripherals like stores, automatic loading/
unloading systems, stacking systems,...
· Maximum length 2600 mm.
· Length of the entering part from 330 mm up to 2860 mm.
· Width of entering part from 180 mm up to 1500 mm.
· Minimum dimensions of the finished panel 330x180 mm.
· Maximum internal bend 50 mm.
· Thickness from 0,5 mm up to 2 mm.
· Modular system that allows the easy installation of peripherals
like automatic loading/unloading systems, or even the
installation of a complete punching and bending flexible line.
Punch and Fiber-Laser combination model e-silver 27
SAWING, DRILLING AND 3D PLASMA CUTTING
PRODUCT RANGE HIGHLIGHTS-Sawing machines
· Horizontal, vertical and mittre sawing machines. · Horizontal bandsawing machines up to 2500 mm.
· Sawing and drilling solutions. · Loading and unloading magazines.
· 3 dimensions plasma cutting. · Vertical bandsawing machines up to 2500 mm.
· Longitudinal, transversal and combined cutting.
HIGHLIGHTS-Sawing drilling and plasma cutting installations
· Mittre cutting.
· Drilling units.
· 3 dimensions plasma cutting of profiles and tubes, round or
· Turnkey solutions.
· Customised loading/unloading systems.
28 Drilling and plasma cutting line
... DEVELOP SOLUTIONS
Optimized solutions for our customers´ processing tasks. DANOBATGROUP helps its Cuatomers to find the right solution!. Based on specific
Customer’s demands and our know-how, DANOBATGROUP´s application engineers design a perfect plan for each machine.
... EXCHANGE EXPERIENCES
Application is experience-ours and yours!
We perform close cooperation with our customers´ experts, during the whole project. Critical points can be identified and a perfect course of
the project can be guaranteed.
• Tailor made service contracts. • Operator training.
• Periodic preventive maintenance. • Maintenance training.
• On site inspection and servicing. • Machining processes.
• Remote diagnose and assistance. • Measuring systems.
• Spare parts.
• Calibration for machine masters.
• Rental of critical equipment.
• Reengineering. • Upgrades of customised machine software.
• Recontroling. • Upgrade of measuring systems.
• Rescraping of machine guideways. • Retooling.
• Retooling. • Upgrade of operating systems.
• Machine relocation, installation & commisioning • Upgrade of machine hardware.
Technological innovation is a key player in the competitiveness of DANOBATGROUP. Our
continuous developments are support on IDEKO, our R&D center.
IDEKO features a prototype shopfloor of over 2.000 m2 and state of the art ultraprecision
(400 m), laser tecnology (300 m) and composite material (300 m) laboratories. More
importantly, a team of more than 110 highly qualified specialist are dedicated exclusively to
research and development. Among this team there are 12 doctors and 11 more engineers
that are in the process of completing their final doctorate thesis.
Definitely, an important investigation
dedication oriented to give answer to
the needs of the market.
RAILWAYS AEROSPACE OIL & GAS
ALSTOM AMERICAN AIRLINES AKER SOLUTIONS
BOMBARDIER GENERAL ELECTRIC CHANGBAO
CAF JAL JAPAN GAZPROMTRUBINVEST
INDIAN RAILWAYS LUFTHANSA NATIONAL OIL WELL
LUCHINNI PRAT & WHITNEY TENARIS
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS CHINA ROLLS ROYCE TPCO
SIEMENS SNECMA VALOUREC
CAPITAL GOODS AUTOMOTIVE and INDUSTRIAL VEHICLES
ATA GEARS CATERPILLAR
MOVENTAS JOHN DEERE
SEW PSA GROUP
GENERAL ENGINEERING WIND POWER
ALFONS DIECKMANN ALSTOM
BECKMANN VOLMER ENERCON
FORMA MASCHINENBAU GAMESA
KINKELE GENERAL ELECTRIC
REPA MASCHINENBAU SIEMENS
Arriaga kalea, 2
E-20870 ELGOIBAR (Gipuzkoa) Spain
Fax: + 34 943 74 36 74
Tel.: + 34 943 74 83 00
This document is not a contract. DANOBAT reserves the right of making changes to all models without prior notice. The illustrations in this catalogue remain property of DANOBATGROUP.