6 What have you learnt about
technologies from the process of
constructing this product?
• Our preliminary task we used celtx to write a
quick script and then we filmed a
• Filming our preliminary task meant we knew
how to use the cameras for when it came to
filming our main task.
• We learnt how to fix any problems with
filming and we knew the best angles to use for
the most accuracy for our shots.
• At the start of our main task we used mainly
• We researched in to popular films and why
they are popular.
• When we decided on our genre (thriller) we
then researched in to similar films and looked
at why they worked.
• We then used Google Blogger to document all
the information we gathered.
• When writing the preliminary task we found
I (Brittony) was the person who could use
Celtx the fastest. We decided collectively
that I would write the script, this meant it
wouldn’t take long to write and we could
have longer to film.
• I found Celtx fairly easy use and it make the
script writing easy, because it does all the
arranging of line for you.
• The script took no time to write at all.
• We used Microsoft word a lot, this is because
it meant we could arrange certain things.
• For example the shot list was done in Word
because a grid could be made and filled in
• We could list information, and write up
• The camera was easier to use in our final task
than it was for a preliminary task, this is
because our preliminary meant we learnt how
to use the camera and be able to fix any
• Because we knew how to use the camera we
got the filming of the film done quickly.
• For editing we used final cut.
• The editing didn’t take too long to finish, all
three of us sat down and spoke about how we
wanted the scenes to look and we worked
together to make them look as professionaly
Final cut allowed us to put the
opening title sequance onto our
film. The range of options meant
we could get the best look posilbe.
• We finally used YouTube to upload our movie
• This allowed us to gain feedback on our film.
Most of which was positive.
YouTube allowed us to get our movie out there
and online easily.