Bhatt Prakruti B.
Paper:12 English Language Teaching
Topic:How Effectivaly SRR can help in
What is Behaviorism ??????????
• Behaviorism is a worldview that operates on a
principle of “stimulus-response.” All behavior caused
by external stimuli (operant conditioning). All
behavior can be explained without the need to
consider internal mental states or consciousness
Major Thinkers in Behaviorism
John B. Watson
Thorndiek's Laws of Lerning
Law of Effect
If Situation + Response is followed by a positive
consequence then the connection between the
Situation + Response is strengthened.
If Situation + Response is followed by a
negative consequence then the connection
between the Situation + Response is
Law of Exercise
Law of Readiness
Implication of Thorndike's theory to the
• Reward is important in learning. It strengthens the occurrence
of behavior a follows.
• Practice and repetation is vital in the learning process.
However, practice efforts should accompanied by feedback.
• The law of readiness stresses the importance of preparation for
• The teacher must wait untill learner is ready to learn and
should give those experience which help to enhance readiness.
Skinner and Learning Process
• The creation of conditioned
connetion between learner's
behavior and it's reinforcement.
• An organism learns by
production changes in it
• The strength of a learned
response is generally determined
by the anount of reinforcement
that it receives.
Concepts in Pavlov's Theory
Pavlov and the Teacher
• Learning tasks should be presanted in a form that is interesting
of pleasant to the learner and and meet his interests.
• The teacher should try to start from now to unknown, that is,
establish an association between what the learner already
knows and the new topic to be taught for meaningful learning
to take place.
• The feeling anxiety associated with failure in school may
create an aversion to problem solving situation outside of
school. The principles of classical conditioning can be used to
devlop favorable and unfavorable attitude towards Learning.