Be the first to like this
DRAFT Utah Broadband Service Demographic Statistical Summary as presented to the Utah Broadband Advisory Council, August 18, 2011
1) 2010 Census Block boundaries were adjusted to remove blocks with no population and to trim out large unpopulated portions of individual populated blocks
2) Where the populated blocks and trimmed blocks were contained within a Utah county, they were assigned to that county
3) Where the populated blocks and trimmed blocks were contained within an incorporated municipality, they were assigned to that city
4) Where the populated blocks and trimmed blocks were contained within a named unincorporated place, they were assigned to that unicorporated place
5) Where a individual block interesected a provider's service area, the entire block was considered served by the provider's service.
6) Housing unit counts, from the 2010 census were assigned to the service metrics for each block based on the speed and technology available to that block
*spatial analysis was performed using a custom VBA script in ArcMap 10.0
The precision of the results obtained from geographic analysis is governed by the resolution of the coarsest input map data layer.
As the estimated broadband service areas obtained by the project are depicted at the census block and road segment level, there is inheirent inprecision to these statistics.
The input data used for this analysis is hoped to be the best available but still may also be incorrect or incomplete.
The process design and implementation used to calculate these statistics remains in draft status.