Tool #2: Actionable metrics vs Vanity Metrics
• An actionable metric is one that ties specific and repeatable actions to
• The opposite of actionable metrics are vanity metrics (like web hits or
number of downloads) which only serve to document the current state of
the product but offer no insight into how we got here or what to do next.
1. Focus on Macro effect
and identify key metrics
2. Map metrics to actions
3. Create simple reports
Tool #4: Continuous Deployment
• « Software only produces value when it’s in
Tool #5: Pivot or Persevere
• Based on lessons learnt, pivot (= change ideas)
• Difficulty is to identify when to do it
• How many of you work in a Startup ?
• A startup is a « Group of individuals working on a
product or service in uncertain conditions»!
• Each team is sort of a startup…
• Lean Design = Integrate Lean Startup, Customer
Development, Lean Product Development in a large
Find out more
• On https://techblog.betclicgroup.com/
• Betclic Everest Group, one of the world leaders in online gaming, has a unique portfolio
comprising various complementary international brands: Betclic, Everest Gaming, bet-at-
• Active in 100 countries with more than 12 million customers worldwide, the Group is
committed to promoting secure and responsible gaming and is a member of several
international professional associations including the EGBA (European Gaming and Betting
Association) and the ESSA (European Sports Security Association).
• Through our brands, Betclic Everest Group places expertise, technological know-how and
security at the heart of our strategy to deliver an on-line gaming offer attuned to the passion
of our players.