Technology can play a
TRADITIONAL role as a
“delivery vehicles for
instructional lessons” or in a
CONTRUCTIVIST way as
“partners” in the learning
• Here, the learner learns “from” the
technology and technology serves as a
• The learner learns the content presented
by the technology in the same way the
learner learns knowledge presented by
• Here, technology helps the learner build more
meaningful personal interpretations of life and
• Technology is a “learning tool to learn with, not
• It makes the learner gather, think, analyze,
synthesize information and construct meaning
with what technology presents.
• Technology serves as a medium in representing
what the learner knows what he/she is learning.
Roles of technology in learning based
on the Constructivist perspective:
• Technology as tools to support knowledge
• Technology as information vehicles for exploring
knowledge to support learning –by-constructing.
• Technology as “context to support learning-by-doing”.
• Technology as a “social medium” to support
learning by conversing
• Technology as “intellectual partners” to support
(Technology as Teacher)
• Film Showing
• Seminar about Photo Editing and Photography
• Science Exhibit
• Research (baby thesis) in English 2
• Teacher posting his/her lesson using manila
paper while pupils are only listening to him. Her.
• Teacher giving only the hand-outs of the topic.
• Video Presentation about the tourist spot
• Seminar on Homosexuality: Family Planning
(Technology as partner in learning)
• Assembling computer parts
• Java Programming
• ICT Laboratory Activities
• Hands-on Activity on Computer
• Typing Activity on MSDOS
• Cooking Session in T.L.E. Class
• Conducting Experimentation in Science classes.