Here is the draft copy of myfront cover and although mydraft is not yet perfect, as itstill needs editing slightly.I feel that my experience indoing this task will enable meto do a much moreprofessional job on my finalproduct.My plans are to use thegradient tool to to add a lighterbackground as I feel this willenlighten my magazine andmake my model stand outmore giving it the extra effect.I plan to change the font on“Bal P” as I think using adifferent font from themasthead will be moreeffective.
Here is my draft copy of mycontents page as you can see it stilllooks quite unfinished andineffective.I plan to edit the font on the“features” and “every month” as atthe moment they look very plain.I am going to change the middleimage as I do not think it fits in verywell with the hip hop genre andalso I think I am going to edit thebrightness and reposition thephotos so that they do not look outof place and appeal more to thereader.I have learnt in the process ofmaking my draft contents how touse different fonts and how to alignmy text and images using the gridso that I could make sure eachimage lined up correctly.
Here is my draft double page spread. Feedback I received indicated that I shouldsteer away from using the black box around “Bal” and “Alex E” as this is used toomuch already in my magazine, so with this in mind I decided to simply change thefont into a more bold font which a white shadow behind it. Also I plan to changethe font of “Latest Hip Hop Sensation” to a more stylish font, to make it appealmore to the target audience. I also intend on editing the text slightly so thearticle is longer and I will add an introductory feature.
• I feel that I have learnt to arrange my conventions better such as the photo on my front cover.• This is more appropriately placed allowing the taglines to be more easily read next to my model.• Also I edited the pictures better too for example I cut around the front cover model far more professionally than previously. I learnt the importance of various text/font sizes. For example the masthead had to be a lot bigger than the taglines as this is what I wanted to attract the attention first.
• I have improved with my photography, both shot and lighting, to produce a laid back feel.• My models facial expression shows his attitude I think this is an improvement as previously my model had no facial expression evident.• The camera was I used was more professional as for the draft I used a 5.0 megapixel camera, and for my final I used a 14megapixel camera.• In my contents I developed my actual contents list and included a banner which displayed the issue no., the month, year and the website address.
• In conclusion I feel that I have learnt a great deal about using Photoshop and I have improved my skills and knowledge about using the tools and features available on the software. I have also improved in my photography as I strongly feel that my images look more professional and effective.