10 Commandments of Office Etiquette
1. Phones: In space, no one can hear you scream. In the
office, everyone can. Use the phones wisely.
2. Speakerphones: The speakerphones are broken. Don't try
to use them. Ever. Please.
3. Kitchen: We all eat from the kitchen, please keep it clean.
The janitor is scary in person.
4. Refrigerator: Everyone loves pulling fungus out of the
fridge. Wait, they don't. Toss it.
5. Cell phones: Keep cell use minimal (and silent). There's a
problem if the beeps from your cube sound like an Atari
6. Aroma: Cologne is a nice touch, but if the scent carries to
the next floor of the building, please tone it down a notch.
7. Privacy: "Shh! I'm listening to Bob's conversation in the
next cube. I'll get back to you later." If this is happening, it
8. Smoking: Smoking is your thing, that's cool. Keep the
breaks short and the butts in the trash. Or else.
9. Clothing: Welcome to the OFFICE. Not the beach. Not a
party. Not high school. Dress appropriately.
10. Internet: Surfing. It's an awesome outside sport, but doesn't
work well inside. At work. At your desk. Capiche?
Developed by Kelly Mitton and Ben Eubanks