• Technology used
• Project Functions
• Modular Description
• System analysis
• System Design
• Database Schema & Entities
• It is very tough task to reserve a seat in any type of transportations
vehicles without the Internet.
• If we do this by internet then it is also required a very organized
structure for completion of the many processes.
• So our project “ONLINE AIRLINE RESERVATION SYSTEM “ is a
structure that helps to any user that want to reserve a seat in the airline
• In this project we only provide the facility for some specific airlines not
• The main objective of this project is to reserve a seat in the
flights of airline from anywhere at any time.
• To automate the entire processing to maintain proper records.
• To make the present manual system more interactive, user-
friendly and speedy.
• The target user of this project are any user , airline
employees , airline management and who want to interact with
• FRONT END- Asp.net using C#
• BACK END- MS SQL Server.
• SOFTWARE REQUIREMENT-
Operating System: Windows XP or Higher
Web Browser: Internet Explorer (IE) 6.0 or higher
Visual Studio: 2005 or higher.
1 GB RAM or Higher
80 GB or Higher HDD Space
The major functions include
• Providing flight details.
• To reserve a seat in airline.
• Flight bookings for a particular destination, with date and
• Customer can modify or cancel his reservation provided
by the agency.
• Displaying a report of the number of people flying in a
particular flight. 6
In this project there are following modules-
In this module the Passenger can fill up the
form and then they will be provided a login id
and password through which they will be able
to make Reservation.
This module also integrated with Restriction of
• This module provides all details relating to the
Company. It tells the customers about the
various Flights available at various Companies.
• It provides to customer the details of the fare
and discounts available to the customers.
• It also provides to the customers the search for
• This module provides all details relating to
the flights Reservations. It tells the
customers about the various Classes
available at various Flights.
• And it reserve the proper seat in the flight on
the basis of given details.
• It also cancel the reserve seat.
• This module deals with all matters related to
• This module conducts Cost of Reservation.
• The customers after getting the full details of
the flights with ticket, he pay the cost of
reservation with available mode of payment.
Benefit to organization:-
The organization will obviously be able to gain benefits such as
saving in operating cost, reduction in paperwork, better
utilization of human resources etc.
The initial cost:-
The initial cost of this project is very low by including all the
hardware and software setups.
Cost for the system including the issuing charge, stationary
charges, cost for human resources, and cost for updates /
renewal of various related software. It is also low.
Need for training:-
It requires training to understand the whole system activity.
System design includes the following
• Class diagram
• Use case diagram
• Data flow diagram
• Entity relationship diagram
• Page flow diagram
LEVEL 2 DFD
• It is very interesting to develop this project .
• We would like to say thanks to Mrs.Vandana
Ma’am for guidance of this project.
• We trying to do our best in this.
Nov,2011 Beeru Prasad 26