The strategy of Content Marketing makes sense: instead of pushing messages about your product at prospects, pull prospects towards you by publishing content about your prospects’ interests. Search rank, traffic, leads and all sort of goodness flow from this approach.So the conversation is no longer about if or why an organization should practice Content Marketing. But the still unanswered question is “How?” How does a brand actually become a publisher, produce great content, and attract traffic and generate conversions?So if you’re wondering “How?”, fear not. This post will provide a guide on how to build and operate a Content Marketing Machine. But, to be clear, I’m not talking about dipping a toe in the water: doing some blog posts, busting out an infographic. I’m talking about a sustained effort to generate content excellence in your category. I’m talking about a machine that generates more traffic and leads at lower cost than all of your other channels combined.
Create content that is likely to be attractive to advanced user segments and linkers. It does not have to be a game of Guess who.
Google analytics now enables through Traffic Sources the ability to see Social data. With Ecommerce Tracking in place and the correct goal set up we can understand the value Social.
Content and Social Media Marketing
hello. I’m Beaudon McLaren. @Beaudon1“The consumer isn’t a moron; she is your wife.”Source: Advertising Legend – David Ogilvy
CONTENT DISTRIBUTION BEFORE AFTERSupplier Customer Internet Customers Supplier Monologue Dialogue One way One-to-one marketing Mass communication Real-time Static Dynamic No interaction among customers Collaborative Shotgun approach Segmented Hard to identify customers Rich customer interaction Hard to manage customers Rich customer data
IS THERE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUR CONTENT TO STAND OUT….WITH SO MUCH DISRUPTION? In One Minute… 208 million Emails are sent 20 million new Photos on Flicker 6 million Facebook views 30 hours of video uploaded on YouTube 2 million+ search queries on GoogleSource: “What happens in One Internet Minute” – Intel
MASS MEDIA IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE CUSTOMER“Soundwave Revolution officially cancelled 2011”
BUYERS CONFIDENCE IS MANAGED BY CONTENT Sydney SEO Meetup
BASELINE DEFINITION “…identifying, understanding, collaboratively creating, and meeting a segment of human and social needs, wants, desires, wishes digitally.”Adaptation of Philip Kotlers original definition of marketing.
FB CONTENT DELIVERYAn SEO adaptation of Jesse Dwyer’s Communications Strategy @ Facebook
1. Select the best URL (Facebook username) Facebook Page
2. Place keyword-dense copy in your “About Tab”<meta>Consider other “Static FBML” boxes and tabs to place more lengthy content and morestatic “links” to your PageThere is a 250 character limit, so choose your words wisely!
3. Create links to your website (Landing Pages) in your StreamPost your URL or custom Links through FB publisher in statusupdates to Influence Traffic and or use Facebook Marketplace Ads.
4. Optimise other elements (images, video, apps etc) Add photos with captions, events with descriptions, and a discussion forum as a good wayhttp://developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraph/tutorial/
SOCIAL <META> DESCRIPTION – OPPORTUNITY Linkedin’s use of rich snippet data means an extra line and a greater ability to see if that’s the result I want right from the SERP.http://www.ginzametrics.com/cheatsheet http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets
KEEP PEOPLE ENTERTAINED Text Video 1 second Perception Perception 5 seconds Appraisal of Meaning Emotional Response Buy in Point 10 seconds Evaluation of Appraisal of Meaning Meaning 15 seconds Evaluation of Emotional Response MeaningSource: Phil Nottingham – Distilled
MAKE SURE YOUR CONTENT HAS SHARING BUTTONS! /http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins
TARGET HIGH SHARERSSource: Beyond Digital Rethinking Digital – a Social sharing Study 2011
SOCIAL LISTENING TECHNOLOGYThere is a wealth of tools which we can utilize with Social Media Optimization and Social MediaReporting.Examples of some of the well known paid & free companies we work with include: Omniture, RavenTools, Buzz Metrics, SEOmoz and also many more....
1. Connect your website with Facebook2. Create a Custom URL for your fan page ideally using your brand name3. Optimise content, About tab, Images, Videos etc with keyword relevant text4. Send a request to your contacts which are in your profile to like your fan page5. Join Groups and the conversation6. Keep your fan page always up to date.& reply to comments7. Synchronize your fan page with your other profiles8. View Traffic Sources through Google Analytics & Social Listening Tools
But Always Remember: Treat yourcontent like a critical business asset