Be the first to like this
Presentation: Social Media and Web 2.0: Risk, Reward, Regulation and an expectation of Privacy?
Presented by: Sarah Carter, VP, Marketing, FaceTime Communications
Everyone’s at it.
In marketing we all want to use Facebook to generate great connected leads and opportunities. The sales team are desperate to use LinkedIn to share information with prospects and customers. The executives are clamoring to use Skype. Investor relations want to Tweet. And compliance and the IT department are saying NO? Sound familiar? As more and more organizations look for new ways to stand out above the competition, they turn to empowering employees with the tools they need to collaborate and communicate more effectively. Web 2.0, social media and innovative communications technologies represent both a great opportunity and potential for risk for any business, especially those in the financial services sector. This session will
- Give you insight into the rise of social media and its impact - good and bad - on the financial community;
- Share important findings from FaceTime’s fifth annual survey on Web 2.0 usage and contrast other industry data.
- Give you the low down on regulation that you need to be aware of – including an overview of new regulatory guidance on social media and potential gotchas
- Provide a best practice approach along with some examples of how financial organizations the world around are using social media to its best effect;
- And we’ll share how you can do all of this and ensure it’s done in a secure, managed and compliant fashion.