Robert J. De Lyser
Hardworking and forward-thinking database specialist with a proven track record of success in
Oracle, MS SQL, systems administration, ERP, troubleshooting, configuration, technical
support, application development, set-up, and maintenance. Consistently seeks ways to grow
a system and maximize system use, meeting future needs of a company. Captures the
opportunity to expand and learn new developments.
Certified ASQ Yellow Belt
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- SQL Server (In progress)
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
– Business Intelligence Developer (MCTS required first)
SQL Server 2005 Integration Services, SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services, SQL Server 2005
Reporting Services, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Performance Point
Server, Microsoft Visio. MS Office Access/Excel/Word VBA and VBScript.
MS SQL Server 2005, Oracle 7, 8i, 9i 10
SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
Novice: APL, Java, C++, SAP ABAP
SAP QM (SME)/PPiP/S&D/MM, Mfg Pro (ERP), SPSS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects,
SetFocus, LLC. Pittsburgh, PA 12/09 - 2/10
Business Intelligence Master’s Program
• Implemented a Labor Analysis Business Intelligence solution for a national
• Existing data from diverse data sources were consolidated into a uniform SQL Server
2005 database. ETL capabilities of SSIS were used to define imports of data, build
scheduling packages, define integration flow, log data error exceptions and orphaned
data and to define Database Maintenance Plans and send emails.
• Created cubes, dimensions, and business critical KPIs using SSAS representing
aggregations in different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings, that the
company will use to analyze performance. Created MDX queries according to
• Developed detail and summary reports, line and pie charts, trend analysis reports
and sub-reports according to business requirements using SSRS.
• Implemented Business Intelligence dashboards using MOSS 2007 Report Center and
Excel Services producing different summary results based on user view and role
• Created score cards using MS Office Performance Point Server 2007 Dashboard
Designer that feature executive summary measures for revenue, overhead costs,
material purchases, labor and profitability trends for a construction company
extracting data from SQL Server 2005 OLAP data source and deployed to SharePoint
sites. The dashboards also contain pages to view performance by employee, by
region, and by quarter enabling end-users to make filter selections.
• Key product areas utilized also include data modeling, SSRS report subscriptions and
data driven subscriptions, SSAS analysis services processing tasks, cube processing
options and roles.
• Studied and reviewed application of Kimball data warehouse methodology across
various industries. Worked with data-handling scenarios, such as multiple
hierarchies, data-driven KPI goals, sourced either from dimension attributes or fact
tables, handling Type-2 slowly changing dimensions.
Lanxess Corp. Pittsburgh, PA 12/04 - 5/09
• Supported Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), such as Thermo
LabSystems SampleManager (RDBM).
• Served as SAP Quality Module SME and configured and supported LIMS-SAP
• Served as SAP secondary support (PPiP/SD/MM) for3 Go-Lives, 2 Carve-outs.
• Provided rubber grading support for Orange, Texas and Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
• Developed database reports for Sarnia, Orange, & Addyston LIMS and MS SQL
orderdb using Crystal Reports, InfoMaker, and Microsoft Access.
• Developed Excel application to extract quality results data from archived CoA PDFs,
and tabulated results by analysis, and calculated Cpk (statistical process capability
index) and variance.
Bayer Corp. Pittsburgh, PA 5/99 - 12/04
• Configured LIMS-SAP interfaces (2 LIMS systems) and served as member for SAP QM
• Provided LIMS set-up, support, and maintenance for Labsystems SampleManager
and Beckman LabManager (RDBM).
• Developed custom database reports for New Martinsville, Bushy Park, & Baytown
LIMS and South Charleston Blaze LIMSusing Crystal Reports, Business Objects,
BrioQuery, Infomaker, and MS Access.
• Implemented instrument interfaces for Sarnia Environmental Lab to SampleManager
• Developed Access application that queried New Martinsville, West Virginia LIMS
database, extracted data, computed key performance indicators, and published data
to Excel—including graphs.
• Created Excel application to extract data from PI data historian. Computed key
performance indicators with graphs.
• Designed Excel application to extract data from Dorlastan LIMS, and present run-
Borax Inc. Boron, PA 9/78 - 5/99
Sr. Quality Eng. (1993-1999)
• Selected and implemented PC-based LIMS server for quality data management and
generation of CoAs, to eliminate mainframe application used to produce CoAs.
• Acted as System Administrator for LMS LabVantage (LIMS) (RDBM).
• Managed Quality Implementation as Team lead for ERP package MFG Pro. Eliminated
mainframe monthly rental of $1,000,000.
• Supervised four foremen and twenty-six hourly analysts.
• Replaced manual process of producing customer SPC charts with automated Access
application, to extract data from LIMS and to produce charts through third-party
• Responsible for tracking and auditing of Quality for purchased Raw Materials.
Dissolving Plant Area/Production Supervisor (1990-1993)
• Established magnetic mass flow meters to monitor and control process for liquor
strength. Applied variable frequency drive on flocculent pumps—to improve control
and reduce control valve maintenance by $10,000 per year.
• Implemented VFD on clarifier underflow pumps—to eliminate control valve
maintenance, and reduce pump maintenance by $100,000 per year.
• Changed process methodology for operating cascaded heat exchangers, for
superheated mother liquor used to dissolve ore—to reduce heat exchanger
maintenance by $50,000 annually.
• Modified feed boxes to change dissolved ore stream feed to Ty-Rock screens.
Reduced maintenance by $25,000 yearly.
• Supervised four foremen and thirty-six hourly operators.
Senior Process Engineer, Primary Process (1989-1990)
Senior Process Engineer, Shipping Plant (1988-1989)
Senior Process Engineer, Boric Acid (1985-1988)
Start-up Engineer, Co-Generation Plant (1984-1985)
Process Engineer, Boric Acid (1982-1984)
Start-up Engineer, Boric Acid (1981-1982)
Construction Inspection Engineer, Boric Acid Plant (1978-1981)
Clarkson University Potsdam, NY
Bachelors of Science, Chemical Engineering - Overall GPA 3.0
University of Tennessee Knoxville, TN
3 Week Institute for Quality