2. THE PROBLEM
• Many online discussion forums, blogs and websites ask visitors to register before
they can post comments, view premium content or download white papers.
Usually double-opt in (closed-loop email authentication) is required to get
• A disposable email account (DEA) will allow the visitor to sign up and verify his
registration without exposing his primary email account to spam.
• While this behaviour is convenient for more and more users the problems are
growing for content providers for several reasons, like:
• Users will go inactive, irrespective of your email marketing practices. The main
issue here is the opportunity cost. Obviously, you have no chance to develop an
email dialog / relationship with a temporary email address. And dead addresses
mess with your statistics.
3. COMMON PRACTICES TO DEAL WITH DEA
• Simply accept all subscribers, even if they use temporary email addresses –
ignoring instead of solving,
• Maintain a local blacklist with commonly known disposable domains –
a lot of never-ending work to find them with all existing sub- and alternative
• Use freely available public lists –
includes the risk of missing domains as well as false positives (will block legit
4. THE EASY AND EFFORTLESS SOLUTION
• block-disposable-email.com (BDEA) maintaines a central database of recently
used disposable email domains.
• Currently (as of August 2012) 1.900 domains are flagged as dea domains.
• Every single domain that is stated as a dea domain has been checked by human
in order to provide a zero-number of false positives.
• BDEA allows to check subscriber domains during the sign-up process instantly.
• You simply have to decide what to do with a block response (eg. request a
different email address to sign-up, keep the user in a closed sandbox area with
less content, …)
• Depending on technical, corporate policy, or business related issues appropriate
solutions to access the database do exist.
5. WHO IS USING THE BDEA SERVICE AND WHY
• Social Networks (avoid multiple accounts by single users, focus on real users)
• Gaming Platforms (avoid troll activities)
• Dating Websites, Videochat Networks (refuse multiple sign-ups by same users
with the aim to obtain one-time benefits multiple times)
• Cloud based contact management platforms (enrich user information)
• International Automakers (eg. for online lotteries, make it harder to participate
• Media platforms (to avoid illegal or unwanted media uploads done by users of
disposable email addresses mainly)
• SEO providers, Webhosters, Online Marketers (a combination of the issues listed
• Free for up to 200 queries per month
• BDEA provides several prepaid plans (see here for details)
• Flatrate for large accounts ( > 1 million queries per month)
• Discounts for large volume resellers
• Example for 300 queries a day (which means 9.000 new subscribers a month):
~ EUR 60,- average price per month
7. HOW TO START
• Already convinced? Sign-up at www.block-disposable-email.com, follow the
registration process and start using the service immediately.
• Need some more details? Use the free online checker to see if BDEA detects the
domains you have in mind.
• Need more concrete information related to your userbase? We are willing to
prepare statistics based on your current subscriber data.
Please simply send a list of unique domains generated out of your userbase
currently (no, we don‘t want to have your customer‘s email addresses).
• Business related or technical details needed? Please contact us at any time.
• BDEA is represented by
• For further information see www.block-disposable-email.com or contact us