In groups of two consider the following three
• When are you most energized at work?
• How could you spend more time in this state?
• How can you “infect” your peers, leaders,
followers with your passion?
“Empathic leaders who take time to understand
and listen to one another can empower their
teams and build trust, leading to a better work
culture, more collaboration and improved
Belinda Parmar. Author ‘The Empathy Era’
• Empathy: the basis for building relationships
of trust and influence
• Trust and influence are key factors in leading
First Build Trust
Patrick Lencioni: 5 dysfunctions of a team
3 Components of Trust
Who do you Trust?
• Firefighters (77%)
• Paramedics (74%)
• Pharmacists (70%)
• Nurses (69%)
• Doctors / airline pilots
• Telemarketers (4%)
• Used car salesmen (5%)
• Politicians (6%)
• CEOs (11%)
• Baggage handlers (12%)
Ipsos Reid, 2014. Survey of 4,000 Canadians
How Do We Build Trust?
• Trust others first
• Be vulnerable
• Be accountable
• Demonstrate respect