Be the first to like this
On January 18, 2013, the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council invited key stakeholders from across the province to join together in a day of meaningful discussion around:
1. The meaning of dignity in care, with a special focus on more appropriate use of antipsychotics;
2. The current state of antipsychotic use by people living in residential care in BC;
3. An overview of work currently underway throughout BC, nationally and internationally to identify opportunities for alignment as well as learning from others;
4. Envisioning an ideal state whereby more appropriate use of antipsychotic medications can be achieved; and
5. Framing a call to action that will ask teams from residential care facilities in BC to join our initiative.
This is a presentation from the event delivered by Chris Rauscher, who is the BCPSQC’s Clinical Lead for Seniors Care.
Learn more about this initiative at http://www.bcpsqc.ca