11. Dorsolateral prefrontal cortex Samuel M. McClure, Jian Li, Damon Tomlin, Kim S. Cypert, Latané M. Montague, and P. Read Montague: "Neural Correlates of Behavioral Preference for Culturally Familiar Drinks" Published in Neuron, Volume 44, Number 2, October 14, 2004, pages 379–387
13. People are Happiest when they are Following a Vision with a Sense of Purpose -- Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos
14. (Where do we come from? What are we? Where are we going?) D'où venons nous? Que sommes-nous? Où allons-nous? Paul Gauguin, 1897
15. WHAT IS YOUR GOAL IN LIFE? Grow Company Get a Great Job Boyfriend / Girlfriend Be Healthy Retire Early Make Money Find Soul Mate Run Faster Spend Time w/ Family Buy A Home Get Married Run A Marathon why? why? why? why? why? why? why? why? HAPPINESS why? why? why? why?
17. Smiling in HS yearbook photo is negatively correlated with divorce. Hertenstein, M., Hansel, C., Butts, A., & Hile, S. “Smile intensity in photographs predicts divorce later in life.” Motivation and Emotion, 2009.
19. Cows with Names Make More Milk. Bertenshaw, Catherine; Rowlinson, Peter. “Exploring Stock Managers' Perceptions of the Human-Animal Relationship on Dairy Farms and an Association with Milk Production.” Anthrozöos: A Multidisciplinary Journal of The Interactions of People & Animals, Volume 22, Number 1, March 2009 , pp. 59-69(11).