Target Condition Expiration
When a Target Condition is achieved or the
Target Condition achieve by date occurs (it
expires), it is time to create a new Target
How does a Learner and Coach go about
establishing that next Target Condition?
Here’s a Kata or a Routine we’ve been using
during the latest deployment at ZF.
Moving from here….
Based on Mike Rother’s Improvement Kata
TCn à TCn+1 Kata
• Learner and Coach reflect on last Target Condition
• Did we achieve Target Condition?
• What did we learn about setting Target Conditions?
• What did we learn while striving for this Target Condition?
• Learner and Coach reflect on Vision and Challenge
• Did we make progress?
• Grasp Current Condition
• Time to practice Process Analysis
• Coach sets next Target Condition date
• Learner proposes next Target Condition
• Coach approves or works with Learner to develop
acceptable Target Condition
• Learner lists of obstacles to new Target Condition
• Determines which one to address