- A simple machine consisting essentially of a
wheel with a grooved rim in which a pulled rope
or chain can run to change the direction of the
pull and there by lift a load.
Three types of Pulleys:
-A device consisting of a wheel rigidly fixed to a
shaft that is used with a belt to transmit energy
and motion to another fixed pulley.
- Changes the direction of the applied force.
PULLEY SYSTEMS or
BLOCK and TACKLE
- A pulley system uses ropes and wheels to
redirect the application of force and/or to gain
- Multiply the force applied to reduce a
greater force to lift a load.
WHEEL AND AXLE
- The wheel and axle is generally considered to be
a wheel attached to an axle so that these two
parts rotate together in which a force is
transferred from one to the other
- Multiply the force applied to produce a greater
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES IN USING
Use the right
type of simple
machine for the
2. Secure pulleys
properly before using
them. And make sure
that the it is tightly
tied on the support.
3. Simple machines that
are sharp should be
handled with care also
cover the sharp edges. Do
not leave sharp objects