– Fans base.
– Chat, quiz, games and mobile apps.
– Integrate brand’s Facebook presence to other
– E.g. Facebook Connect: an open identifier
which allows users to login (to shop,
comment and browse) to other respective
websites with their Facebook profiles.
– Banner advertising on the right side of your
profile which can target audiences based on
their demographic profiles such as age,
gender, relationship, interest and location.
First thing first.
Ask your client the following:
1. Why do they want to do on Facebook?
2. What do they want to achieve?
– Number of fans and advocates.
– Number of mentions.
– Participation in the discussions, posts and
– Numbers of downloads of contest entries,
coupons and apps (mobile app and Facebook
– Web traffic driven.
Traffic to sales.
To get people talking about the launch of a new store in Malmo (Sweden) and
spread the news to their online network.
IKEA utilized the existing features that users were familiar with, which are tagging
and sharing. Over a two‐week period, showroom images were uploaded to his
Facebook photo album. The first person to tag an object got to take it home.
Breast Cancer Awareness
What colour is your bra?
Female members of the site changing their Facebook status to the colors of the
bras they're currently wearing.
I like it on the…
Facebook statuses like ‐"I like it on the floor", "I like it on the kitchen floor", "I like
it on the dining table“ etc. about the locations where women place their handbags
Watch “The Social Network”
Find out more about your brands on search engine (Facebook, twitter, Google
and Social Mention)
– What shows up in the top 10 result?
– What do they say? Positive or negative?
Keep yourself updated:
– Read Mashable EVERY DAY
– Allfacebook.com (The Unofficial Facebook Resource)
– Insidefacebook.com (Tracking Facebook and the Facebook Platform for Marketers)
– Checkfacebook.com (Facebook penetration across the globe)
– Come out with 1 idea of using Facebookelement(s)
to solve client’s problem.