2006 to 2013: Focus
BAU: Make them fast. SEO. Strong call-to-actions.
Responsive as f*ck.
More and more tools
• Website with WordPress
• Administratie with Exact Online
• CRM with Salesforce
• Mailings with Mailchimp
• Business processes SAP of AFAS
Shift from promotional
to business processes.
From WordPress (of alternatives) to SAP, Exact Online,
One holistic experience
Businesses, Departments, People, Tools.
From promotional to
• Other targets
• Other people and business units involved
• In real life those departments are in total war.
The Perfect Wedding.
Het mariage between WordPress, ERP- and CRM-
Two WordPress Cases
The mariage between WordPress, ERP- and CRM-
Case 1: Dinalog
9.000 Logistic Superheroes Connected.
• Platform for 9.000 users
• 1 Fte for user management and Salesforce
• 11 content categories
Subscription to Events
• WordPress as interface for Salesforce
• No FTe’s for website management.
• No FTe’s for CRM management.
• Everybody in the organisatie is active as a Business
Consultant (Sales was already in charge of CRM
Quickstart WordPress &
• Find a customer with Salesforce
• Make a website with Gravity Forms
• Check out the plugin
Case 2: Van Mokum
Beautiful design brands in 3 WooCommerce shops,
feeded from one Exact Online Instance!
• Products based on Classiﬁcations in Exact Online
• Stock positions from Exact Online
• Syncing Images between WooCommerce instances.
• Unlimited amount of shops, maande from one ERP
instance. Platform independent.
“Nowadays 60% of the
orders are placed online.”
This saves 20 minuten per order. Time they can invest in
acquisition and support in stead of time-consuming data-entry.
“New sites launched in
Saves 70% in costs per site.
“Grow your Business by
Capitalize your dataset!
Example: Brand Stores, leasen aan partners and
suppliers. wijnwinkel.nl: …
• Grow in our business and business of our customers is in
making perfect connections.
• Diﬀerent tools used by diﬀerent people.
• Working with Middleware makes you less dependent of
platform and infrastructure quality.
• Keep-it-Simple: always try to make simplex connections.
Triangles are killing.
From Promotion to Business
• Webshops - f.e. white-label - ﬁlled from your ERP.
• Let your users keep CRM-data up-to-date.
• Let your users subscribe to events.
• Less FTe’s needed for data-entry.
• Keep Content up-to-date from business processes and
workﬂows that are already there.
“The Future of WordPress
Let’s win the battle of the interface!
Let’s win the battle of
How to get 50% in 2030 and 100% in 2050?
Van Ons, @delans
Bas van der Lans, July 14th, 2016