Why messaging is
• Easy for customers to recognise and
• Conveys the essence of the company
• Drives company direction
What is effective
• Conveys a message
• Unified across platforms
What is effective messaging?
How is messaging used
• Eliciting different responses
• Think – brand awareness, understanding,
conviction, informative, generic, pre-emptive,
• Feed – brand image & personality, liking
desire, self identity
• Do – buy, try, repeat, visit, contact, engage
• Who is the target market?
• How do we know this?
• How are we going to reach them?
Who are you talking to?
Are we aiming
for 34 year old
How do we who your ideal target market
is? Have you researched?
How are we going to reach them?
Know thy enemies
Who is aiming
for the same
What does the
think of them?
How are they
How do you want your brand to be perceived?
• Speak with a singular voice
• Everyone should agree on who you are and what
value you bring to your customers
• Stick to it
• Create clear and compelling messages
Customers, employees, your mum should all easily
understand your message and why they should care
• Make it memorable
The easier it is to remember the easier it is for people
to become ambassadors
Q. The primary messaging and secondary
• Work strategically to reinforce your brand
where it counts