Build a legion of followers by having a kick ass blog that's the envy of your competition
Digital Eyes Media Academy
IT’S BEEN A MONTH….
What have you implemented in your
business since the last session?
BUILD A KICK ASS BLOG THAT’S THE ENVY
OF YOUR COMPETITION
AIMS OF THE SESSION
By the end of the session we’ll all have an understanding of the
• Understand the key reasons to blog and if it’s for you and your business
• How to plan a successful blog
• Decide what to and how to write great blog posts
• Find the best ways to get people reading and sharing your content
Key reasons to consider blogging:
1. SEO – search engines LOVE new content
2. User engagement, bring people back to your website more often (also
increases website traffic)
3. Social media content, more content for you to share
4. Be seen as an expert in your niche by peers, customers and prospects
5. Express your personality and style
IS IT FOR YOU?
Do you want to engage with your customers and
Do you want to be seen as an expert in your field?
Do you want to increase the likelihood of a website visitor
contacting you for a quote or buying a product?
Do you want your prospects to have another reason to
believe in your products or services?
WHAT BLOGGING IS NOT….
It’s not a quick fix
It’s not going to generate sales and customers
You wont be seen as an expert straight away
BEFORE YOU START
Ask yourself these important questions
• Who do I want to read my blog (my ideal customer)?
• What do I want to get out of having a blog (purpose)?
• How often should I blog (and can I)
PLANNING YOUR CONTENT
Some content ideas
• What’s topical in your industry?
• Talk about your business (experience, events etc)
• Build your own themes (#fatfriday)
• How to’s
• Case studies
INGREDIENTS OF A TOP POST
• Enticing headline
• Pose questions to the reader
• Links to older posts and content pages
• Clear call to action
• Use at least 1 image
• Author bio
Take your paper planner and plan the next few
months blog posts, including an interesting
HOW TO CHEAT, MAKING CONTENT EASY
• Look back at your social media posts, can they
be expanded to give you a topic to talk about?
• Make use of Google Alerts
• Don’t just write one post at a time
PROMOTE YOUR POSTS
• Use your social media
• Use/build your email list
• Guest blogging
• Use/promote your RSS feed
• Reach out to other bloggers
• Encourage reader sharing
• Linkedin groups
• Facebook groups
“Learn continually – there's
always one more thing to
THANK YOU – WHAT NEXT?
Keep up to date with online marketing training throughout the next
12 months of your business
• Priority booking on training for the next year
• 5 seats on ANY training course
• Choose any 5 of the above services• Choose any 3 of the above services
DONE FOR YOU
• Set up you Google Analytics reporting, goals and automated reports
• Review your social media presence, create a content plan
• Critique your website and 3 hours development time to implement changes
• Set up your PPC account with 1 campaign
• Audit your website for SEO and provide a top 20 keyword list with current rankings
• Plan your blog for 3 months and write 1 post